Spanning an area of 7,653 km2 (2,955 mi2), Algonquin Park is not only one of Canada’s largest provincial parks, but also one of its most popular. It will take just a few steps into this fabled wilderness to find out why. Sprawling forests of red and white pine surround an endless patchwork of pristine lakes (about 2,400 in total), where you can paddle a canoe or kayak and feel your troubles melt away with each stroke. A secluded, water-access campsite is always just around the corner, so you can get away from it all for days at a time. Adjust your eyes to the stillness of the forest and you may pick out the well-camouflaged shape of a moose making its way along the shoreline. Anglers will delight at the abundant fishing opportunities, with brook trout and lake trout found in large numbers. At night, a glittering canvas of stars spreads across the sky, while the call of the wolf echoes in the distance. From the Barron Canyon to the Highway 60 Corridor and from the East Gate to the West Gate and beyond, this is a wild wonderland of limitless outdoor adventure.
To help you make the most of your time in this incredible park, the Backroad Mapbooks team has put together a two-in-one park map with an unparalleled level of detail. This next-generation park map covers the entire park area on one side, with all of its canoe routes, campsites, portages and trails. The other side of the map focuses specifically on the Highway 60 Corridor and the nearly overwhelming amount of adventures and activities you can access along this main corridor. This map also includes helpful planning tools like a canoe route chart (complete with distance and difficulty), trail chart, campsite details, stocked fish chart and more. The map also includes numerous updates from our previous version, including the addition of labelled sportfish species. Best of all, this 71 cm x 102 cm (28 in x 40 in) map is printed on durable waterproof paper and represents the height of cartographic sophistication with easy-to-read colour coding and industry-leading topographic detail. You will not find a better guide to Algonquin Park anywhere!
- Algonquin Provincial Park Ontario Waterproof Map at a Glance:
- Printed on durable, waterproof, tear-resistant material
- Industry leading cartographic detail and state-of-the-art relief shading
- Close collaboration with government sources and local outfitters make this the most up-to-date and accurate map available for Algonquin Park
- Large-scale 71 cm x 102 cm (28 in x 40 in) map is easy to read
- Stocking charts for splake and brook trout
- New addition of labelled sportfish species
- Paddling chart with 30 different canoe routes
- Paddle-in campsites designated as low or high use
- Portage trails labelled with distance and designated as low or high maintained
- Comprehensive backpacking trail coverage with distances
- Trail chart with distance, difficulty and activity type
- Cross-country ski trails with distances
This tear-resistant, waterproof, large-format map of Algonquin Park is easy to use and carry, showing you the best places to indulge in your adventure of choice, from canoeing and kayaking to fishing, hiking, camping, wildlife viewing and cross-country skiing. With industry-leading topographic detail, unparalleled road coverage, countless trails, campsites and paddling routes, labelled fish species and stocked fishing lakes, cross-country ski trails, portages and more, there has never been an easier way to pack so much recreation information right in your front pocket.
- Easy-to-read maps derived from our Backroad Mapbooks at 1:140,000 and 1:75,000 scale
- Seamless map coverage requires no page turning
- Industry-leading cartographic detail and topographic relief shading
- Dual-sided map offers unparalleled, close-up detail of the Highway 60 Corridor on one side and the entire park on the other
- Showcases the highways, logging and access roads that are open to the public in Algonquin Park
- Comprehensive coverage of dozens of paddling routes complete with access points, portages and paddle-in campsites
- Hundreds of kilometers of trails for hiking, mountain biking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing
- Labelled fish species and stocking information for fishing lakes and rivers
- UTM grids with latitude and longitude make navigating the map easy
- Hundreds of land and water geographic features
- List of all the best Algonquin outfitters
Would you Like this Map in a Trackable PDF format?Get the map in TOPO PDF format from here : Algonquin Provincial Park Onatrio Recreation Map
Want the whole book?Get the whole book in one easily downloadable format from here: Cottage Country Ontario Backroad Mapbook
You will need Avenza Maps app to download and view BRMB Digital Georeferenced PDF Maps:
1) Download Avenza from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Store
--Avenza allows for tracking, marking waypoints, zooming in and out, and more.
2) Launch the app on your device, locate the Avenza map store in your freshly downloaded Avenza App and search for Backroad Mapbooks.
3) Locate your desired map, make your purchase, grab your downloaded topographic map and you’re ready to go exploring!
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- Type of Update (map detail and/or correction to writing)
- Page Number
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change
|Map Number||Coordinate||Comment||Publication Year||Update Date|
|There are no map updates.|
|Page Number||Comment||Publication Year||Update Date|
|There are no writing updates.|