Along with upgrading our tried and true mapbooks, BRMB adjusted with the times to make our products available to GPS. With the same detailed topographic maps that our books offer, our Garmin-licenced GPS maps make navigating the backcountry easier and more accessible than ever before. Complete with adventure write-ups, similar to our books and printed products, as well as POIs and more, these maps are a backcountry explorers best friend.
And now, as the world moves into a more digital world than ever before, Backroad Mapbooks has adjusted to truly be adaptable and accessible to everyone, with the release of our Backroad Navigator Android App, Version 2. Right in the palm of your hand, on your mobile device, our Backroad Navigator App gives you access to eleven interchangeable adventure layers and detailed map coverage for eight provinces across Canada. Along with descriptive adventure write-ups and points of interests, you can easily search, plan and track your next great adventure with our Backroad Navigator App.
What does the Backroad Navigator Android App V2 offer?
Aside from featuring our leading-edge topographic maps and detailed adventure write ups, Version 2 of our Backroad Navigator Android App offers added features that make it the ultimate backcountry adventure at the palm of your hand. Some of the key things that our V2 Backroad Navigator Android App offers is:
- Compatible with Android phones and tablets
- 11 Adventure Layers (camping, fishing, hiking, hunting, paddling, ATV & more)
- Canada’s industry-leading road and recreation maps
- 10,000+ base scale topographic maps, satellite, terrain & street maps
- Offline maps capability enables you to track your trips before you head out
- Ideal for compass navigation & offline navigation
- Lets you plan your trip, mark waypoints, capture photos & video
- Track adventures like camping, fishing, hiking, hunting, paddling, ATV & more
- Store all your trip information online for easy access
What’s Different from Version 1?
After releasing Version 1 of our Backroad Navigator App, we took feedback from customers and things we noticed while using the app on our own adventures, to improve the usability and overall function of the app itself. Along with a new name we also adjusted the price to only $0.99/month which includes the Provincial Basemap of choice and all eleven adventure layers. Some other key updates and changes we’ve made are:
- New Name, New Price and More Adventures for Less
- New app name: Backroad Navigator
- The app costs $0.99/Month upfront to install from the store (no longer a free download)
- New and improved pricing at $0.99/month/province now includes the Provincial Basemap and all Adventure layers.
Ready to start exploring more of Canada’s backcountry? Head to the google play store to download your Backroad Navigator V2 App today and get a 30 day free trial and access to all of Canada’s best adventures!