Discover the Jewel of the Maritimes
Known for its rugged Atlantic coastline, a unique mix of Acadian and Celtic culture and a rich fishing heritage, Nova Scotia offers a quintessential Maritime experience for backroads explorers and outdoor adventurers alike. Lighthouses and traditional villages dot the coast, while puffins and whales swim just offshore. To the north, Cape Breton Island offers a vast and pristine wilderness just waiting to be explored, with awe-inspiring views of the Atlantic Ocean that are surprisingly accessible. Scenic roadways crisscross the province, allowing you to take it all in with ease, and there are no shortage of hiking and cycling trails for a slower-paced exploration of this Maritime jewel.
Nova Scotia Backroad GPS at a Glance
- Designed for industry use and outdoor recreationists, this product combines all of Nova Scotia into one Backroad GPS Map.
- Close to 100,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including almost 50,000 km of routable roads.
- Nova Scotia Crown land areas for anglers, campers and hikers.
- Marked Deer Management Zones (DMZs) and Moose Management Zones (MMZs) for hunters.
- Address Search makes navigating easier than ever.
- Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails with marked trailheads.
- Over 600 km of new paddling routes for canoers and kayakers with access points and portages in Version 2019.
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 14,500 land and water geographic features.
- Enhanced cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, Crown land, creeks and activity Points of Interest.
- Improved snowmobile route lines, First Nations reserve coverage and railway corridor mile markers.
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Nova Scotia GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Nova Scotia GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, deer and moose management zones, trails, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Nova Scotia GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Nova Scotia Backroad GPS Map Features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- Compatible with the latest Garmin 66i unit and inReach technology.
- The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for Nova Scotia.
- Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- Highlights thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-use trails.
- Features smart background & Searchable Deer Management Zones (DMZs) and Moose Management Zones (MMZs) for hunters.
- Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites
- Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- Features Address searching to aid navigation.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of Nova Scotia.
- And much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
Boasting more roads and trails than any other GPS maps, our road tracking classifications allow you to easily distinguish main industrial or logging roads from rarely travelled unclassified roads. Access close to 50,000 km of routable city and rural roads, with 3 levels of industry roads (forest service, resource and recreational) along with almost 50,000 km of non-routable roads including unclassified and private roads. Over 2,800 km of multi-use trails are separated for use by hikers, bikers and horseback riders, along with close to 9,000 km of ATV and Snowmobile motorized trails. Trails are updated and expanded with the help of government agencies, off-road clubs and customers who contribute their own data.
Nova Scotia Road and Trail Highlights
- Close to 50,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 50,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- 2,800+ kilometres of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including over 660 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- 5,000+ kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- 3,800+ kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- 1,200+ kilometres of Paddling Routes
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s Nova Scotia GPS Maps are feature POI sets of tens of thousands of searchable points with over 570 fishing lakes and rivers, over 260 boat launches and over 450 paddling routes with access points and portages. These points come complete with descriptions geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook series.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Nova Scotia Custom POI Highlights
- Over 20 NS Deer Management Zones (DMZ) and Moose Management Zones (MMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 570 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 260 Boat Launch locations
- Over 540 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 100 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with close to 40 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 450 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Close to 175 Backcountry campsites
- 40 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 450 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 130 locations and descriptions
- Over 50 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 2,650 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 22,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Nova Scotia Categories:
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- A .gpx file or .zip file (if submitting more than one gpx file at a time)
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change/s
If you have more than one file to submit, please do so by uploading a zipped file containing all the .gpx files. All tracks and waypoints received will earn points for free updates in your account.
Mises à jour
Nous cherchons continuellement à améliorer nos produits. Nous accueillons à bras ouvert toutes suggestions et informations à propos de mise à jour de carte, d'ajout de sentiers ou d'annonce de route fermée à la circulation.
Pour soumettre une demande de mise à jour d'une carte, il vous faudra les informations suivantes:
- Année de publication
- Un fichier .gpx ou .zip (si vous soumettez plus d'un fichier à la fois)
- Coordonnées de carte (le cas échéant)
- Vos commentaires et changements suggérés.
Si vous avez plus d'un fichier à soumettre, veuillez le faire sous forme de fichier zippé contenant tous les fichiers .gpx. Toutes les trajectoires et balises reçues vous feront gagner des points pour bénéficier de mises à jour gratuites de votre compte.