Found in the centre of Canada, Manitoba is a land of big lakes, wide-open prairies and sweeping skylines. From the Arctic tundra around Hudson Bay to the rolling farmland near the US border, there is endless spectacular scenery to feast your eyes upon.
• Capital City: Winnipeg
• Population: 1,278,000
• History: Entered Canadian Confederation in 1870
• Total Area: 649,950 km sq /250,950 mi sq
• Highest Point: Baldy Mountain – 832 m/2,730 ft
• Lowest Point: Hudson Bay – sea level
• Longest River: Churchill River – 1,609 km/1,000 mi
• Largest Lake: Lake Winnipeg – 24,387 km sq/9,416 mi sq
• Provincial Flower: Prairie Crocus
• Provincial Bird: Great Grey Owl
• Provincial Mammal: Plains Bison
• Fish: Walleye
• Motto: “Glorious and Free”
Visit travelmanitoba.com for more information on this beautiful province.