Canada’s Wild Heartland
Located in the country’s geographic center, Manitoba boasts a vast expanse of wilderness with plenty of outdoor recreation hot spots. Over half of the province’s population lives in the capital city of Winnipeg, leaving the rest of Manitoba wide open for outdoor explorers. From the fertile prairie to the sprawling pine forest, ancient Canadian shield rock and Arctic tundra, this is a region where the wilderness reigns supreme. And don’t forget the approximately 100,000 lakes that offer anglers some of the most exciting fishing action in the country.
Manitoba Backroad GPS at a Glance:
- Combining day-to-day navigation with enhanced outdoor recreation information, this product combines all of Manitoba into one Backroad GPS Map.
- Over 140,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including over 91,500 km of routable roads.
- 1,200,000+ searchable Manitoba Dominion Land Survey Sections and Quarter Section grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- 10,000+ Oil and Gas wellsite locations, plus cutlines, pipelines and more.
- Addition of clearly labelled Crown Land
- Marked Game Hunting Areas for hunters.
- Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages.
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more
- Over 14,000 land and water geographic features.
- Enhanced cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, Crown land, creeks and activity Points of Interest
Explore Manitoba's Backcountry with Confidence
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Manitoba GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Manitoba GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, Game Hunting Areas, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Manitoba GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Manitoba Backroad GPS Map Features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for Manitoba.
- Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- Highlights tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-use trails.
- Features smart background & Searchable Game Hunting Areas for hunters.
- Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites.
- Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- Includes Oil and Gas wellsites, cutlines, pipelines and more.
- Features Address and Land Survey Sections and Quarter Section grid searching to aid navigation.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of Manitoba.
- And much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
Boasting more roads and trails than any other GPS maps, our road tracking classifications allow you to easily distinguish main industrial or logging roads from rarely travelled unclassified roads. Access over 91,500 km of routable city and rural roads, with 3 levels of industry roads (forest service, resource and recreational) along with close to 50,000 km of non-routable roads including unclassified and private roads. Over 3,500 km of multi-use trails are separated for use by hikers, bikers and horseback riders, along with over 16,000 km of ATV and Snowmobile motorized trails. Trails are updated and expanded with the help of government agencies, off-road clubs and customers who contribute their own data.
Manitoba Road and Trail Highlights:
- 91,500+ kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 50,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 2,300 kilometres of Multi-Use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including over 1,500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- 14,500+ kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- Close to 1,600 kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- Over 13,200 kilometres of Paddling Routes
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s Manitoba GPS Maps are feature POI sets of close to 200,000 searchable points including Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Oil and Gas Resource Facilities can be searched by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full Grid reference for Facilities. For Manitoba facilities enter the Township Quarter Section Grid Reference (ex: NE-07-124-23-3, SE-27-24-15-W).
Manitoba Custom POI Highlights
- Over 1.2 million searchable Oil and Gas Township Section and Quarter Section Grid locations
- Over 60 MB Game Hunting Areas (GHA) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 550 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 80 Boat Launch locations
- Over 360 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with 50 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 90 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 420 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 320 Backcountry campsites
- 180 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 1,475 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 170 locations and descriptions
- 125 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 1,400 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 14,000 searchable land and water geographic features
- Over 150 Backcountry Huts and Cabins
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wellsites (found under city search)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- A .gpx file or .zip file (if submitting more than one gpx file at a time)
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change/s
If you have more than one file to submit, please do so by uploading a zipped file containing all the .gpx files. All tracks and waypoints received will earn points for free updates in your account.
Mises à jour
Nous cherchons continuellement à améliorer nos produits. Nous accueillons à bras ouvert toutes suggestions et informations à propos de mise à jour de carte, d'ajout de sentiers ou d'annonce de route fermée à la circulation.
Pour soumettre une demande de mise à jour d'une carte, il vous faudra les informations suivantes:
- Année de publication
- Un fichier .gpx ou .zip (si vous soumettez plus d'un fichier à la fois)
- Coordonnées de carte (le cas échéant)
- Vos commentaires et changements suggérés.
Si vous avez plus d'un fichier à soumettre, veuillez le faire sous forme de fichier zippé contenant tous les fichiers .gpx. Toutes les trajectoires et balises reçues vous feront gagner des points pour bénéficier de mises à jour gratuites de votre compte.