Haida Gwaii BC Waterproof Map
Renowned around the world for its natural beauty, Haida Gwaii is home to old growth Sitka forests, abundant wildlife and a vibrant First Nations culture that dates back thousands of years. From the wind-swept shores of Gwaii Hanaas National Park Reserve and Haida Heritage Site to the traditional totem poles of the Village of Masset, this waterproof recreation map charts the entire archipelago, providing you with the most comprehensive and up-to-date recreation guide for Haida Gwaii available anywhere. Whether you are looking to paddle, camp, hunt, hike, fish or just take in the scenery, there is no limit to adventure on Haida Gwaii.
This dual-sided 34” x 56.25” map is printed on durable, water-resistant paper and features our industry-leading cartographic detail and state-of-the-art relief shading. Brand new to this edition, we have added an extensive trail chart for hiking and multi-use trails, added rocky ledges and reefs to the maps, more information on ocean fishing and fish species and updated all the Adventure listings. Additionally, this map includes Haida Toponyms so you will know the traditional names of the places you are visiting. With detailed information on parks and recreation sites, Haida culture, safety tips, useful contact information and more, our Haida Gwaii Waterproof Map is more than just a map – it’s a key to discovering one of the world’s most remarkable archipelagos.
Haida Gwaii Waterproof Map at a Glance:
- Printed on durable, waterproof, tear-resistant material
- Industry leading cartographic detail and state-of-the-art relief shading
- Numerous updates and expansions from our last edition make this the most up-to-date topographic map available for Haida Gwaii
- Large scale 34” x 56.25” map is easy to read
- Over 5,000 kilometres of roads including highways, city roads, logging and industry roads
- Over 350 km of multi-use trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and snowshoers
- Over 2,000 km of paddling routes for canoers and kayakers
- Ocean, fish and stream fishing information with updated fish species
- And much more!
This tear-resistant, waterproof, large-format map of Haida Gwaii is easy to use and carry, showing you the best places to indulge in your adventure of choice, from fishing to hiking, wildlife viewing and everything in between. With industry-leading topographic detail, unparalleled road coverage, countless trails, campsites and paddling routes, labelled fish species, cultural sites, hot springs and much more, there has never been an easier way to pack so much recreation information right in your front pocket.
- Easy-to-read maps derived from our Backroad Mapbooks at 1:160,000 scale
- Seamless map coverage requires no page turning
- Industry-leading cartographic detail and topographic relief shading
- The most complete recreation, industry and country road coverage available for Haida Gwaii
- Thousands of kilometres of paddling routes for canoers and kayakers complete with put-ins, take-outs, boat launches and campsites
- Provincial, municipal and private parks and campsites
- Highlighted Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for anglers and hunters
- Ocean, lake and stream fishing information with boat launches and marinas
- UTM grids with latitude and longitude make navigating the map easy
- Indexed cities, geographic land and water features included in both the Haida language and English
- Indexed backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Trail chart for Salmon/Trout trails
- Labeled Haida Watchmen sites for Gwaii Haanas National Park Reserve
- And much more!
Would you Like this Map in a Trackable PDF format?Get the map in TOPO PDF format from here : Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands) BC Recreation Map
Want the whole book?Get the whole book in one easily downloadable format from here: Northern BC Backroad Mapbook
You will need Avenza Maps app to download and view BRMB Digital Georeferenced PDF Maps:
1) Download Avenza from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Store
--Avenza allows for tracking, marking waypoints, zooming in and out, and more.
2) Launch the app on your device, locate the Avenza map store in your freshly downloaded Avenza App and search for Backroad Mapbooks.
3) Locate your desired map, make your purchase, grab your downloaded topographic map and you’re ready to go exploring!