Washington State - V2020
Discover the Best of the Northwest
Situated at the northwest corner of the continental United States, Washington State is a land of unparalleled beauty, where rainforest-clad mountains tower over the wild Pacific coast and vast stretches of undeveloped wilderness provide the perfect backdrop for endless outdoor adventures. Whether you are traveling a highway, hiking trail or forest service road, Backroad Mapbooks Washington GPS Maps are your ultimate tool for navigating the Evergreen State. These Garmin-licensed GPS Maps feature easy-to-read elevation contours and reveal all the natural features such as creeks, wetlands and glaciers, plus every road and trail that is left off of other maps. Ten categories of Adventure Points of Interest guide you to the best outdoor recreation sites Washington State has to offer, whether you are day hiking from Seattle or backcountry hunting, fishing, paddling, ATVing, snowmobiling and more. From the Olympic Peninsula to the Cascade Mountains, down to the Columbia River basin and back up to the San Juan Islands, Backroad Mapbook GPS Maps provide an impressive level of detail and adventure information.
Washington State Backroad GPS at a Glance:
- Combining city and backcountry navigation with enhanced outdoor recreation information, this product amalgamates all of Washington State into one Backroad GPS Map
- Close to 210,000 miles of roads combined into one map, including 107,000 miles of routable roads and 103,000 miles of non-routable backcountry roads, deactivated roads and four-wheel drive roads
- Public Land Survey System sections (PLSS) Search to help navigation
- Lake bathymetry (depth contours) for many of the state’s fishing lakes
- Clearly marked private and public lands including land owned by the Bureau of Land Management, US Forest Service, US Fish & Wildlife Service, National Park Service, Department of Defense, Department of Energy and US Army Corps of Engineers
- Marked Game Management Units (GMUs) for hunters
- Tens of thousands of miles of multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages
- Close to 5,000 miles of motorized trails for ATV and snowmobile with staging areas
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more
- Close to 19,000 land and water geographic features
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ Garmin-licensed Washington State GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date recreation GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for serious outdoor explorers, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp, BRMB’s Washington State GPS Maps come in Micro SD format and are easy to install and use, bringing the height of cartographic sophistication and outdoor recreation information directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable and non-routable roads, multi-use trails, Game Management Units, campgrounds, national and state parks and so much more. With the brand new Washington State GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Washington State GPS Map Features
- Combining city and backcountry navigation plus expanded outdoor recreation information, this product covers all of Washington State on one Backroad GPS Map.
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™ and Basecamp™ software.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool and city navigation, along with full GPS features like route tracking and waypoint marking.
- Searchable written descriptions with information on trail length and elevation gain, fish species and stocking, hunting species and seasons, campground size and reservations and more.
- Close to 210,000 miles of roads combined into one map, including 107,000 miles of routable roads, backcountry roads, deactivated roads and four-wheel drive roads.
- Clearly marked private and public lands including land owned by the Bureau of Land Management, US Forest Service, US Fish & Wildlife Service, National Park Service, Department of Defense, Department of Energy and US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Public Land Survey System sections (PLSS) Search to help navigation.
- Lake bathymetry (depth contours) for many of the state's fishing lakes.
- Marked Game Management Units (GMUs), Game Areas & private hunting areas for hunters.
- Tens of thousands of miles of multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages.
- Close to 5,000 miles of motorized trails for ATV and snowmobile with staging areas.
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Close to 19,000 land and water geographic features.
- Free computer download is available to view and plan on Basecamp™ software.
- And much more!
Unique to BRMB’s GPS Maps are written Adventure descriptions compiled by our team of outdoor writers and researchers. Descriptions fill you in on information including trail distance and elevation gain, fish species and stocking information, directions to staging areas for ATV and snowmobile, amenities and activities for national and state parks, campground size and reservation information, difficulty of paddling routes, game hunting species and much more.
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups in the style of our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the forest roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification, along with routing ability, helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered.
Washington State Road and Trail Highlights:
- 107,000 miles of Routable Roads including highways, freeways and rural roads
- 103,000 miles of non-routable roads including backcountry roads, deactivated industry roads and four-wheel drive roads
- Over 10,000 miles of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including long-distance Pacific Crest and Pacific Northwest Trails
- Close to 2,700 miles of Snowmobile Trails
- Close to 2,300 miles of ATV-QUAD Trails
- Over 900 miles of Paddling Routes
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Washington State GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within Washington we have over 43,000 searchable points including resource facilities, transportation services, historic sites, viewpoints, waterfalls, hot springs and more. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites in the style of our popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series. Note: Public Land Survey System sections (PLSS) can be searched by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the Township & Range grid reference for each section. For Washington State sections, enter the PLSS grid number (ex: TO1N R02E Sec01).
Washington State Custom POI Highlights
- 19,000+ land & water geographic features
- 70,000 Public Land Survey System section numbers (PLSS)
- 580+ Private Land Hunting Opportunities
- Over 900 miles of lake, river and ocean paddling routes
- Close to 140 wildlife viewing locations
- Close to 150 winter recreation areas
- 2,500+ Cities
- Close to 400 Public Access locations to Beaches / Shoreline
- 300+ Resource Facilities
- 850+ Transportation Services
- 110+ Visitor Information Centers
- 850+ Backroad attractions including beaches, caves, ruins, surfing areas, fire towers, museums, hot springs, historic sites and more
- 200 waterfalls
- 425 fishing locations across the state including lake, river & stream and ocean fishing hot spots
- Close to 500 boat ramps/launches and over 80 marinas
- 150 clearly defined Game Management Units
- Over 1,000 National, State and Local Parks
- 750+ Campsites
- Close to 400 Backcountry Campsites
- 245 Huts
- Over 225 Picnic Areas
- 570 paddling access locations and portages
- Close to 10,000 miles of multi-use trails and over 2,400 trailheads
- Close to 2,300 miles of ATV and OHV (Off-Highway Vehicle) trails
- Close to 2,700 miles of snowmobile trails
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Washington State Custom POI Highlights
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Golf Courses
- Hot Springs
- Hunting Areas
- Hunting – Private Land
- Indian Reservations
- Land Features
- Lodging, Resorts & Outfitters
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – State – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Public Access
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation