Vancouver Island BC - V2021
Slow Down to Island Time
Just a short ferry ride from the bustling Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island offers a whole world of serene wilderness to explore. Moving north from the provincial capital of Victoria, you will encounter big trees, crystal-clear waters, epic surf and stunning beaches, with the population becoming sparser the further you go. Whales and seals are a common sight along the coast, and anglers and can enjoy some of the finest fishing in the world, either on the open water or on the IslandÃ¢ÂÂs many rivers and lakes. Long distance hiking trails offer a chance to get away from it all and immerse yourself in the majestic old-growth rainforest, and a beautiful viewpoint or seaside camping spot is never too far away.
Vancouver Island Backroad GPS at a Glance
- - Designed for industry use and outdoor recreationists, this product combines all of Vancouver Island into one Backroad GPS Map.
- - Over 115,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including over 40,000 km of routable roads.
- - Lake Bathymetry depth contour for almost 400 fishing lakes, rivers, and streams.
- - Private leased land for hunters and anglers.
- - Marked Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters
- - Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages.
- - Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- - Close to 8,500 land and water geographic features.
- - Industry-leading cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, Crown land, creeks and activity Points of Interest
- - Improved snowmobile route lines, First Nations reserve coverage and railway corridor mile markers
So Much More than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Vancouver Island GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Vancouver Island GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, Wildlife Management Units, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Vancouver Island GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Vancouver Island Backroad GPS Map Features
- - Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- - Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- - Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- - Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- - Compatible with the brand new Garmin 66i unit and inReach technology.
- - Showcases private/leased land areas.
- - The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for Vancouver Island.
- - Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- - Highlights tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-use trails.
- - Features smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters.
- - Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites.
- - Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- - Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- - Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- - Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of Vancouver Island.
- - And much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
Boasting more roads and trails than any other GPS maps, our road tracking classifications allow you to easily distinguish main industrial or logging roads from rarely travelled unclassified roads. Access over 40,000 km of routable city and rural roads, with 3 levels of industry roads (forest service, resource and recreational) along with over 75,000 km of non-routable roads including unclassified and private roads. Over 9,800 km of multi-use trails are separated for use by hikers, bikers and horseback riders, along with over 1,800 km of ATV and Snowmobile motorized trails. Trails are updated and expanded with the help of government agencies, off-road clubs and customers who contribute their own data.
Vancouver Island Road and Trail Highlights:
- - Over 40,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- - Over 75,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- - 9,800+ kilometres of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including over 500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- - 330+ kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- - Close to 1,500 kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- - Over 4,500 kilometres of Paddling Routes
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s Vancouver Island GPS Maps are feature POI sets of tens of thousands of searchable points with close to 675 fishing lakes and rivers, over 300 boat launches and over 300 paddling routes with access points and portages. These points come complete with descriptions geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook series.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Vancouver Island BC Custom POI Highlights
- - Close to 30 Vancouver Island BC Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- - Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 675 locations with descriptions and fish species
- - Over 300 Boat Launch locations
- - Close to 1,700 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- - ATV Trails with over 50 trailhead locations and descriptions
- - Snowmobile Trails with 20 trailhead locations and descriptions
- - Parks with over 1,750 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- - Recreation Areas with close to 200 locations and descriptions
- - Over 600 Backcountry campsites
- - Over 400 Campground and Picnic locations
- - Paddling with over 300 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- - Wildlife Viewing with over 300 locations and descriptions
- - Close to 50 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- - Over 1,000 City, Town and Community locations
- - Over 12,000 searchable land and water geographic features
- - Close to 60 backcountry huts and cabins
Vancouver Island BC Categories:
- - Backroad Attractions
- - ATV-OHV Trails
- - Backcountry Camps
- - Boat Launches
- - Border Monuments
- - Campsites
- - Cities
- - Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- - Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- - Gates
- - Geocaching
- - Golf Courses
- - Hot Springs
- - Hunting Areas
- - Huts
- - Land Features
- - Lodging
- - Marinas
- - Paddling Access
- - Paddling Routes
- - Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- - Picnic Areas
- - Portage Locations
- - Public Services
- - Recreation Sites
- - Resource Facilities
- - Restaurants
- - Rivers and Creeks
- - Ski Areas
- - Snowmobile Routes
- - Trails
- - Transportation Services
- - Visitor Information
- - Water Features
- - Waterfalls
- - Wildlife Viewing
- - Winter Recreation