Ontario - V2021
Legendary Adventures Await
From the beaches and stunning parks of the Great Lakes to the endless forest and ancient Canadian Shield rock of the interior and the vast, unbroken wilderness of the north, Ontario has a dazzling range of options for outdoor explorers. Whether you are paddling along the shores of Manitoulin Island, spending the night under the stars in Algonquin Provincial Park or stalking a moose through the provinceÃ¢ÂÂs vast northern backcountry, there is no shortage of memories to be made in OntarioÃ¢ÂÂs great outdoors, and our Ontario GPS Maps are your ultimate guide to making the most out of your experience.
Ontario Backroad GPS at a Glance:
- Combining day-to-day navigation with enhanced outdoor recreation information, this product combines all of Ontario into one Backroad GPS Map, combining our Southern Ontario, Cottage Country Ontario, Northeastern Ontario and Northwestern Ontario Backroad Mapbook titles into one product.
- Over 660,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including close to 310,000 km of routable roads and 34,000+ km of backroad additions in Version 2019.
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones (WMZs) for hunters.
- Clearly defined Crown land for hunters, anglers and campers.
- Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 1,500 fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- Coverage of Gatineau Park and Southern Quebec.
- Address search tool makes navigating easier than ever.
- Tens of thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages, including close to 4,000 km of new paddling routes and 1,500+ km of new motorized trails in Version 2019.
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 41,000 land and water geographic features.
- Enhanced cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, Crown land, creeks and activity Points of Interest
- Improved snowmobile route lines, First Nations reserve coverage and railway corridor mile markers
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Ontario GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Ontario GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, Wildlife Management Zones, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Ontario GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Ontario Backroad GPS Map Features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- Compatible with the latest Garmin 66i unit and inReach technology.
- Showcases Crown land areas.
- The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for Ontario.
- Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- Highlights tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-Use trails.
- Features smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZs) for hunters.
- Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites.
- Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- Includes Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 1,500 lakes.
- Features Address searching to aid navigation.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of Ontario and southern Quebec.
- And much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
Boasting more roads and trails than any other GPS maps, our road tracking classifications allow you to easily distinguish main industrial or logging roads from rarely travelled unclassified roads. Access close to 310,000 km of routable city and rural roads, with 3 levels of industry roads (forest service, resource and recreational) along with over 350,000 km of non-routable roads including unclassified and private roads. Over 17,200 km of multi-use trails are separated for use by hikers, bikers and horseback riders, along with over 48,000 km of ATV and Snowmobile motorized trails. Trails are updated and expanded with the help of government agencies, off-road clubs and customers who contribute their own data.
Ontario Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 310,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 350,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- 17,200+ kilometres of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, plus over 3,800 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- 35,000+ kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- 13,500+ kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- 22,800+ kilometres of Paddling Routes
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s Ontario GPS Maps are feature POI sets of tens of thousands of searchable points with close to 7,300 fishing lakes and rivers, close to 2,400 boat launches and over 8,500 paddling routes with access points and portages. These points come complete with descriptions geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook series.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Ontario Custom POI Highlights
- Over 150 ON Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 7,300 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 2,400 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 3,000 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 290 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 490 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 4,100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- 5,300 Backcountry campsites
- Over 620 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 8,500 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 350 locations and descriptions
- Over 280 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 6,650 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 64,000 searchable land and water geographic features
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Conservation – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation