Saskatchewan - V2019
- Product Description
- Product Features
- Backroad Extras / POI Categories
- Product Questions
The Heart of the Prairies
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Prairies, Saskatchewan contains some of Canada’s most unique landscapes and opportunities for outdoor adventure. Best known for its rolling prairies and farmland, Saskatchewan ripples with diverse topography from lodgepole pine forests to the majestic rock of the Canadian Shield. Beyond the city centres of Regina and Saskatoon, small communities dot the landscape, interrupting the sprawling grassland and farmer’s fields. In the north of the province lie some of Canada’s most exciting paddling adventures along remote, majestic rivers. Saskatchewan’s National and Provincial Parks offer everything from rolling hills to desert sand dunes, complete with rare birds and other critters. Whatever your adventure of choice, Saskatchewan invites you to canoe, cycle, hike, snowmobile or ride to your heart’s content.
Saskatchewan Backroad GPS at a Glance:
- Designed for industry use and outdoor recreationists, this product combines all of Saskatchewan into one Backroad GPS Map.
- Over 322,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including over 261,000 km of routable roads.
- Lake Bathymetry depth contour for almost 300 fishing lakes, rivers, and streams in Saskatchewan.
- Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities.
- Township and Quarter Section search makes navigating easier than ever.
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones (WMZs) for hunters.
- Added Crown land and grazing reserves in Version 2019.
- Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails with marked trailheads and access points/portages.
- Close to 1,000 km of new paddling routes for canoers and kayakers in Version 2019.
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 8,000 land and water geographic features.
- Enhanced cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, creeks and activity Points of Interest.
- Improved snowmobile route lines, First Nations reserve coverage and railway corridor mile markers.
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Saskatchewan GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Saskatchewan GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, Wildlife Management Zones, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Saskatchewan GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Saskatchewan Backroad GPS Map Features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- Compatible with the brand new Garmin 66i unit and inReach technology.
- The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for Saskatchewan.
- Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- Highlights thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-use trails.
- Features smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZs) for hunters.
- Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites.
- Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- Includes Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities.
- Features Township & Quarter Section searching to aid navigation.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of Saskatchewan.
- And much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
Boasting more roads and trails than any other GPS maps, our road tracking classifications allow you to easily distinguish main industrial or logging roads from rarely travelled unclassified roads. Access over 261,000 km of routable city and rural roads, with 3 levels of industry roads (forest service, resource and recreational) along with over 61,000 km of non-routable roads including unclassified and private roads. Over 1,900 km of multi-use trails are separated for use by hikers, bikers and horseback riders, along with close to 16,000 km of ATV and Snowmobile motorized trails. Trails are updated and expanded with the help of government agencies, off-road clubs and customers who contribute their own data.
Saskatchewan Road and Trail Highlights
- 261,000+ kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 61,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 1,900 kilometres of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, plus over close to 1,800 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- 11,400+ kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- Close to 4,500 kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- 8,000+ kilometres of Paddling Routes
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s Saskatchewan GPS Maps are feature POI sets of over 1.2 million searchable points including Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Oil and Gas Resource Facilities can be searched by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full Grid reference for Facilities. For Saskatchewan facilities enter the Township Quarter Section Grid Reference (ex: NE-07-124-23-3, SE-27-24-15-W).
Custom POI Highlights
- Over 1.2 million searchable Oil and Gas Township Section and Quarter Section Grid locations
- Close to 200 Compressor Stations
- Over 30 Gas Plants
- Over 15,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 80 SK Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 860 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 330 Boat Launch locations
- Over 500 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 60 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 310 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 170 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Sites with 100 locations and descriptions
- Over 100 Backcountry campsites
- Over 300 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 950 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 210 locations and descriptions
- Over 85 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 2,350 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 8,400 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad GPS Maps Categories
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities (found under city search)
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation