Ontario & Manitoba - V2020
Discover the Beautiful Backcountry of Ontario & Manitoba
Covering a combined area of over 1,700,000 km2, Ontario and Manitoba have no shortage of backcountry to explore. From the rolling prairie, sprawling pine forest, and ancient Canadian Shield rock Manitoba to the sparkling shorelines of Ontario’s Great Lakes and the vast expanses of wilderness that cover the north, this region of Canada is an incredible destination for outdoor recreation. Whether you are paddling a remote river system, camping under the stars in a provincial park or exploring abandoned roads on your ATV, our Ontario & Manitoba GPS Maps are your ultimate guide to navigating the area.
These Garmin-licensed GPS Maps feature easy-to-read elevation contours and reveal all the natural features such as creeks, wetlands and ponds, plus every road and trail that is left off of other maps. Ten categories of Adventure Points of Interest guide you to the best outdoor recreation sites Ontario and Manitoba have to offer, from easy day hiking to backcountry hunting, fishing, snowmobiling and much more.
From the epic fishing holes of Manitoba’s Interlake region to the scenic canoe routes of Ontario’s Cottage Country and beyond, Backroad Mapbooks’ GPS Maps provide an unmatched level of detail and adventure information.
Ontario & Manitoba GPS Maps at a Glance
- Combining city and backcountry navigation with enhanced outdoor recreation information, this product combines all of Ontario and Manitoba into one Backroad GPS Map
- Clearly marked Crown Land
- Lake bathymetry (depth contours) for many of the region’s fishing lakes
- Marked Game Hunting Areas and Wildlife Management Zones for hunters
- Tens of thousands of miles of multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages
- Close to 74,000 km of motorized trails for ATVing and snowmobiling
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more Over 66,000 land and water geographic features
- Free computer download is available to view and plan on Basecamp™ software.
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool and city navigation, along with full GPS features like route tracking and waypoint marking.
- Searchable written descriptions with information on trail length and elevation gain, fish species and stocking, hunting species and seasons, campground size and reservations and more
- 1,200,000+ searchable Manitoba Dominion Land Survey Sections and Quarter Section grid locations
- 10,000+ Oil and Gas wellsite locations, plus cutlines, pipelines and more
- And much more!
- Over 800,000 km of roads combined into one map, including over 400,000 km of routable roads and 400,000 km of non-routable backcountry roads, deactivated roads and four-wheel-drive roads
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ Garmin-licensed Ontario & Manitoba GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date recreation GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for serious outdoor explorers, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp, BRMB’s Ontario & Manitoba GPS Maps come in Micro SD format and are easy to install and use, bringing the height of cartographic sophistication and outdoor recreation information directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable and non-routable roads, multi-use trails, hunting areas, campgrounds, national and provincial parks and so much more. With the brand new Ontario & Manitoba GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Unique to BRMB’s GPS Maps are written Adventure descriptions compiled by our team of outdoor writers and researchers. Descriptions fill you in on information including trail distance and elevation gain, fish species and stocking information, directions to staging areas for ATV and snowmobile, amenities and activities for national and provincial parks, campground size and reservation information, difficulty of paddling routes, game hunting species and much more.
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups in the style of our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the forest roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification, along with routing ability, helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered.
Ontario & Manitoba Road and Trail Highlights
- 401,000 km of routable roads including highways and rural roads
- 401,000 km of non-routable roads including logging and resource roads, deactivated roads and four-wheel drive roads
- Over 21,500 km of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including the Trans Canada Trail
- Close to 55,000 km of snowmobile trails
- Close to 20,000 km of ATV trails
- Over 36,000 km of paddling routes for canoers and kayakers
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s Ontario & Manitoba GPS Maps are feature POI sets with tens of thousands of searchable points including Boat Launches, Campgrounds, Portages, Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Oil and Gas Resource Facilities can be searched by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full Grid reference for Facilities. For Manitoba facilities enter the Township Quarter Section Grid Reference (ex: NE-07-124-23-3, SE-27-24-15-W).
Ontario & Manitoba Custom POI Highlights
- 66,000+ land & water geographic features
- Over 1.2 million searchable Oil and Gas Township Section and Quarter Section Grid locations
- Over 230 Game Hunting Areas and Wildlife Management Zones
- Over 36,000 km of lake and river paddling routes
- Over 560 wildlife viewing locations
- Over 460 winter recreation areas
- Over 8,200 cities
- Over 2,900 boat launches
- Over 10,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 8,000 Transportation Services
- Over 700 waterfalls
- Close to 930 backroad attractions including beaches, caves, fire towers, museums, historic sites and more
- Over 9,000 fishing locations across the region
- Close to 5,200 national, provincial and regional parks
- 830+ campsites
- Over 6,000 backcountry campsites
- Over 400 backcountry huts and cabins
- Close to 230 Picnic Areas
- Over 850 paddling access locations and over 8,500 portage locations
- Over 3,500 multi-use trails
- Over 370 ATV routes
- Over 670 snowmobile routes
Ontario & Manitoba Categories
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wellsites (found under city search)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation