Atlantic Canada - V2020
Canada’s Eastern Frontier
Home to some of the country’s oldest communities and boasting a rich tradition of love for the outdoors, Atlantic Canada is a land rife with adventure opportunities. In New Brunswick, lush forests are intersected by rivers that teem with salmon. Across the Bay of Fundy, home to the world’s highest tides, Nova Scotia retains a unique mix of Gaelic and Acadian heritage, with Cape Breton Island attracting outdoor explorers of all kinds to its vast and breathtaking wilderness. A short ferry ride away, Prince Edward Island bubbles with rural charm and boasts some of the east coast’s most scenic beaches. Further east, Newfoundland is home to centuries-old fishing villages that dot its rugged coast, while the fjords of Labrador offer unparalleled scenery for those who take the time to visit. No matter which part of Atlantic Canada you are exploring, you can account on our GPS Maps to keep you oriented and on track.
Atlantic Canada Backroad GPS at a Glance:
- Combining day-to-day navigation with enhanced outdoor recreation information, this product combines all of Atlantic Canada into one Backroad GPS Map, from New Brunswick to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Over 308,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including over 113,000 km of routable roads.
- Labelled Crown Land for all of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
- Address Search makes navigating easier than ever.
- Marked Cariboo Management Areas, Deer Management Zones, Moose Management Areas and Wildlife Management zones for hunters.
- Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages, including 2,800+ km of added multi-use trails and 700+ km of new paddling routes in Version 2019.
- Tens of thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 43,000 land and water geographic features.
- Enhanced cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, Crown land, creeks and activity Points of Interest
- Improved snowmobile route lines, First Nations reserve coverage and railway corridor mile markers.
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Atlantic Canada GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Atlantic Canada GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, hunting areas, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Atlantic Canada GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Atlantic Canada Backroad GPS Map Features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Compatible with the latest Garmin 66i unit and inReach technology.
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- Showcases Crown Land areas in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for Atlantic Canada.
- Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- Highlights tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-use trails.
- 700+ km of new paddling routes for canoers and kayakers in Version 2019.
- Features smart background & Searchable Cariboo Management Areas (CMAs), Deer Management Zones (DMZs), Moose Management Areas (MMAs) and Wildlife Management Zones (WMZs) for hunters.
- Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites.
- Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- Features Address searching in all provinces to aid navigation.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- And much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
Boasting more roads and trails than any other GPS maps, our road tracking classifications allow you to easily distinguish main industrial or logging roads from rarely travelled unclassified roads. Access over 113,000 km of routable city and rural roads, with 3 levels of industry roads (forest service, resource and recreational) along with almost 195,000 km of non-routable roads including unclassified and private roads. Over 10,000 km of multi-use trails are separated for use by hikers, bikers and horseback riders, along with close to 37,000 km of ATV and Snowmobile motorized trails. Trails are updated and expanded with the help of government agencies, off-road clubs and customers who contribute their own data.
Atlantic Canada Road and Trail Highlights:
- 113,000+ kilometres of Routable Roads connecting NB to NF including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 195,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- 10,000+ kilometres of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including close to 2,500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- 22,000+ kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- Close to 15,000 kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- 4,300+ kilometres of Paddling Routes
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s Atlantic Canada GPS Maps are feature POI sets of thousands of searchable points with over 1,600 fishing lakes and rivers, over 300 boat launches and over 875 paddling routes with access points and portages. These points come complete with descriptions geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook series.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Atlantic Canada Custom POI Highlights
- Over 170 Atlantic Canada Cariboo Management Areas (CMA), Deer Management Zones (DMZ), Moose Management Areas (MMA) and Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with 1,600+ locations with descriptions and fish species
- 300+ Boat Launch locations
- 1,550+ Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 270 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 220 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions
- Parks with close to 1,000 National, Provincial, Regional Parks and Conservation Areas with descriptions
- 230+ Backcountry campsites
- 340+ Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with 350+ paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- 195 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 330 Wildlife Viewing locations and descriptions
- 6,750 City, Town and Community locations
- 62,000+ searchable land and water geographic features
Atlantic Canada Categories:
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation