West Kootenay - BC Waterproof Recreation Map
West Kootenay BC Waterproof Adventure Map
West of the Kootenay River in BC's beautiful southern interior lies the region known as the West Kootenay. Here, pristine mountain streams chart their winding courses through deep valleys, while deer graze along the shore and snow-capped peaks tower overhead. This map charts this entire recreation-rich region and features a 20,000 + kmÂ² expansion from our last edition, extending north from Revelstoke to cover the area around Golden, Kinbasket Lake and Banff National Park. This map has also been expanded to the west to include Grand Forks, Granby Provincial Park and the upper reaches of Lake Revelstoke. In the south, we cover the familiar outdoor adventure hotspots of Kaslo, Nelson, Trail and beyond. Whether you are looking to hike, camp, fish, paddle, swim, ski, snowshoe, hunt or ATV, this map gives you the most comprehensive coverage available anywhere.
To make navigating this outdoor adventure-filled region easier, the Backroad Mapbooks team has worked tirelessly to provide you with the most detailed and easy-to-use West Kootenays Map possible. This dual-sided 34 x 46.25Â map is printed on durable, waterproof paper to withstand anything mother nature throws at you. With industry-leading cartographic detail, state-of-the-art relief shading, colour coded Provincial Parks and more, there is no easier-to-read map on the market. This map contains countless points of interest, hiking trails, campsites, beaches, paddling routes and more. Brand new to this edition is the addition of private land to help you avoid potential out-of-bounds areas while hunting or hiking. We have also added all the best backcountry huts, cabins and hot springs in the West Kootenays, along with descriptions of recreation sites and parks with information on camping, fees, activities, access and more. From Castlegar to Christina Lake, Nakusp, New Denver and beyond, this is your ultimate guide to one of Canada's best kept outdoor recreation secrets.
West Kootenay Waterproof Map at a Glance:
- Printed on durable waterproof, tear-resistant material
- Industry leading cartographic detail and state-of-the-art relief shading
- Numerous updates and expansions from our last edition make this the most up-to-date topographic map available for the West Kootenays
- Large-scale 34 x 46.25 map is easy to read and contains 20,000 + kmÂ² of new land
- Addition of private leased land to keep you in bounds while exploring the wilderness by foot, bicycle, ATV or truck
- Over 43,000 km of roads including colour-coded highways, city roads, paved rural roads and logging and resource roads
- Over 4,100 km of multi-use trails for hikers, mountain bikers, cross-country skiers, snowshoers, horseback riders and more
- Close to 4,000 km of motorized trails for ATVs and snowmobiles
- 420 km of paddling routes for canoers and kayakers complete with boat launches, campsites, put-ins and take-outs
- Over 60 stocked and 180 native fish species lakes with species marked on the map
- Detailed index for recreation sites, trails and provincial parks
- Brand new lists of backcountry huts, cabins and hot springs
- And much more!
This tear-resistant, waterproof, large-format map of the West Kootenays is easy to use and carry, showing you the best places to indulge in your adventure of choice, from fishing to snowmobiling to wildlife viewing and everything in between. With industry-leading topographic detail, unparalleled road coverage, countless trails, campsites and paddling routes, labelled fish species and stocked fishing lakes and rivers, backcountry huts and cabins, hot springs and much more, there has never been an easier way to pack so much recreation information right in your front pocket.
- Easy-to-read maps derived from our Backroad Mapbooks at 1:20,000 scale
- Seamless map coverage requires no page turning
- Industry-leading cartographic detail and topographic relief shading
- Addition of private leased land to help you avoid off-limits areas while hunting, hiking, fishing or ATVing
- The most complete recreation, industry and country road coverage available for the West Kootenays
- Thousands of kilometers of trail systems for ATVing, paddling, snowmobiling, hiking, mountain biking, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
- Highlighted Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for anglers and hunters
- Labeled fish species and stocking information for fishing lakes and rivers
- UTM grids with latitude and longitude make navigating the map easy
- Hundreds of land and water geographic features
- Includes National, Provincial and Regional Parks and Campsites
- List of all the best local outdoor retailers and outfitters
- And much more!
If you want to plan your adventures on the go from a smartphone or tablet, the West Kootenay map is also available in Digital form. The Digital version is a calibrated PDF map that allows you to track your route, add waypoints, zoom in and out and take advantage of GPS features. These mobile maps can be used by downloading 3rd party apps including Avenza, Locus Maps and Topo Maps+. We offer the entire map (both sides) on all apps, while the individual maps are also available on Avenza.
- Offline Maps: cell service or Wi-Fi is not necessary to view the maps
- GPS tracking: track your route while you are out on an adventure
- Marking waypoints: save different points and locations to visit or use to plan routes
- Easy to Read: zoom into specific points on the map or zoom into text for easier reading
- Lightweight: transport several maps at once using your smartphone or tablet
- Easy to Navigate: download our maps from your favourite 3rd party app and easily scroll through the maps, zoom in and out, and use the GPS features to navigate
- Eco-Friendly: zero paper waste!