VANCOUVER ISLAND BC BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
BC’s very own island paradise, Vancouver Island, is a world unto its own. The renowned city of Victoria, BC lies gleaming on the southern tip of the Island, attracting tourists year-round with its parliament buildings, unique Island culture, and artisanal treasures in a community surrounded by water. Heading north along either coast of Vancouver Island, visitors discover a world of natural wonders where coastal Island communities like Nanaimo, Tofino and Campbell River bleed into wild, temperate forests filled with fishing lakes, hiking trails, and provincial parks. With endless opportunities for camping, paddling, wildlife viewing, winter recreation, and more, nature lovers revel in the abundance of Vancouver Island hot spots. From the crashing waves of Tofino to the biking trails of Victoria, we put BC’s Vancouver Island on the map.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Vancouver Island BC GPS Maps use industry-leading technology to chart Vancouver Island with the most comprehensive topography on the market. These Garmin-licensed GPS maps are compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp to grant you access to detailed digital maps of Vancouver Island from your GPS device or computer. Available in Micro SD format, the Vancouver Island GPS maps are designed for accessibility. Get connected and explore Vancouver Island with detailed shaded relief, 3D views, marked and labeled Wildlife Management Areas, trails, paddling routes, activity points-of-interest, routable roads and the most complete topographical coverage available. Developed in cooperation with local and government agencies, the Vancouver Island BC GPS maps are your reliable and technologically-advanced source for exploring all that Vancouver Island has to offer.
Vancouver Island BC GPS Maps Product Features
New Product Features
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 400 fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New addition of private leased lands for hunters and anglers.
- New mountain biking and cross-country ski trail networks.
- Over 3,000 KM of additional paddling routes. Includes 45 additional paddling routes and access locations.
- 2,000+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 400+ additional trailheads.
- Close to 400 KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles. Includes close to 15 additional trailheads and staging areas.
- 30 additional fishing lakes, rivers and streams with stocking and species information. Includes close to 10 additional boat launches and marinas.
- Over 125+ additional national, provincial and urban parks. Includes 150+ additional campsites, day-use/picnic areas, backcountry/canoe campsites, recreation sites and huts in major parks and recreation areas.
- Close to 45 additional wildlife viewing areas.
- 5 additional winter recreation activities.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Vancouver Island BC
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for Vancouver Island BC
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Vancouver Island BC Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad Vancouver Island BC GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Vancouver Island BC Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 40,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 55,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 8,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Close to 1,300 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Close to 4,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 100 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Vancouver Island BC GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Vancouver Island BC Custom POI Highlights
- Close to 30 Vancouver Island BC Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 675 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 300 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 1,400 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 50 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with 20 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 1,400 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Areas with close to 200 locations and descriptions
- Over 200 Backcountry campsites
- Over 200 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 300 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 250 locations and descriptions
- Close to 50 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 1,000 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 12,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Vancouver Island BC Categories:
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Golf Courses
- Hot Springs
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
If you receive an older version of the maps you are eligible for free updates for 60 days.
After the 60 days you would need to purchase an update subscription to update the maps.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/