Be Your Own Guide with Saskatchewan Backroad GPS Maps V7
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Prairies, Saskatchewan contains some of Canada’s most unique landscapes and opportunities for outdoor adventure. Best known for its rolling prairies and farmland, Saskatchewan ripples with diverse topography from lodgepole pine forests to the majestic rock of the Canadian Shield.
Beyond the city centres of Regina and Saskatoon, small communities dot the landscapes of Saskatchewan, giving over to stunning wilderness in a province dominated by nature. In the north, far past Regina and Saskatoon, a series of lakes and rivers create an aquatic paradise rich with adventures for the Saskatchewan paddler. While touring the provincial and national parks of Saskatchewan, you are bound to fall in love with the peaceful scenery set amidst its ever-distant horizon. Saskatchewan invites you to canoe, cycle, hike, snowmobile or ride to your heart’s content.
Saskatchewan Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our Saskatchewan Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
Explore Saskatchewan's Backcountry with Confidence
Backroad GPS Maps Features
Backroad GPS Maps for the Saskatchewan are Garmin licenced GPS Maps and support all standard Garmin GPS map features such as:
- Seamless topographic maps
- 'Find' tool used to locate nearby city, water or recreation features
- 50,000 scale geographic points
- City navigation
Highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series
Customers can search for Township Quarter Section Grid information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the Section (ex: 01-33-24-W3) or Quarter Section (ex: SW-01-33-24-W3).
Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Explore More with V7
- 1,000,000+ searchable Saskatchewan Township Range Sections and Quarter Section grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 300 fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 20,000 KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- Close to 900 KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles.
- 150+ KM of additional multi-use, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 15 additional trailheads.
- 250+ additional public services.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Saskatchewan
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for SK
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. We separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Saskatchewan Road and Trail Highlights
- Over 260,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 60,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 1,700 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Close to 4,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 6,500 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 11,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Saskatchewan GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within Saskatchewan we have close to 1 million searchable points including Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets.
Custom POI Highlights
- Over 1.2 million searchable Oil and Gas Township Section and Quarter Section Grid locations
- Close to 200 Compressor Stations
- Over 30 Gas Plants
- Over 15,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 80 SK Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 650 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 150 Boat Launch locations
- 365 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 30 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 180 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Sites with 100 locations and descriptions
- Over 75 Backcountry campsites
- Over 170 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 950 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 100 locations and descriptions
- Over 60 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 2,350 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 9,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Backroad GPS Maps Categories
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities (found under city search)
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
Mises à jour
Nous cherchons continuellement à améliorer nos produits. Nous accueillons à bras ouvert toutes suggestions et informations à propos de mise à jour de carte, d'ajout de sentiers ou d'annonce de route fermée à la circulation.
Pour soumettre une demande de mise à jour d'une carte, il vous faudra les informations suivantes:
- Année de publication
- Un fichier .gpx ou .zip (si vous soumettez plus d'un fichier à la fois)
- Coordonnées de carte (le cas échéant)
- Vos commentaires et changements suggérés.
Si vous avez plus d'un fichier à soumettre, veuillez le faire sous forme de fichier zippé contenant tous les fichiers .gpx. Toutes les trajectoires et balises reçues vous feront gagner des points pour bénéficier de mises à jour gratuites de votre compte.
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- A .gpx file or .zip file (if submitting more than one gpx file at a time)
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change/s
If you have more than one file to submit, please do so by uploading a zipped file containing all the .gpx files. All tracks and waypoints received will earn points for free updates in your account.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/