NOVA SCOTIA BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Backroad Mapbooks is proud to present Garmin-licensed GPS maps of Nova Scotia, compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. The Maritime province of Nova Scotia sits in the Atlantic Ocean and boasts a unique culture steeped in Acadian, Celtic, Mi’kmaq and African histories. Known for the cultural hub of Halifax, the tourist hot spot of Cape Breton, and a world-renowned ocean fishery, Nova Scotia teems with opportunities for exploration. Whether hiking, biking, camping, climbing, paddling, fishing, skiing or ATVing, you will never be lost for things to do in Nova Scotia. With no portion of Nova Scotia farther than 56 km from the ocean, this province is a veritable Maritime landscape. Bask in the salty air of the Atlantic as you watch puffins, dolphins and whales from the shore; fish for salmon in Nova Scotia’s mighty Margaree River; or drive along rocky coastal topography into historical Mi’kmaq sites.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Nova Scotia GPS Maps will show you the landscape of Nova Scotia like you’ve never seen it before. Explore the province with the guidance of these highly detailed maps and discover a world of road networks, nature trails, campsites, fishing spots and activity points-of-interest all across Nova Scotia. With opportunities for outdoor recreation marked and labeled across these maps, the Nova Scotia GPS maps get you outside with confidence. Boasting industry-leading topographical detail with shaded relief, 3D views and delineated Wildlife Management Areas plus highlights like paddling routes, hiking trails, and an address search feature, the Nova Scotia GPS maps are your most reliable source for work and play in Nova Scotia. From Halifax to Sherbrooke, to Cape Breton and Cornwall, your Nova Scotia GPS maps lead the way.
NS Backcountry GPS Map Features
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Nova Scotia
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for NS
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Deer Management Zones (DMZ) and Moose Management Zones (MMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad NS GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
NS Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 50,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 50,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 1,850 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 3,000 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Close to 500 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- 365 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 4,650 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad NS GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
NS Custom POI Highlights
- Over 20 NS Deer Management Zones (DMZ) and Moose Management Zones (MMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 360 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 250 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 400 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 80 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with close to 30 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with close to 300 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Close to 25 Backcountry campsites
- Close to 20 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 450 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 70 locations and descriptions
- Over 45 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 2,650 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 21,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Access Locations
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/
If you receive an older version of the maps you are eligible for free updates for 60 days.
After the 60 days you would need to purchase an update subscription to update the maps.