NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Backroad Mapbooks is delighted to chart the lands of Newfoundland and Labrador on Garmin-licensed (compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp) GPS maps. The most easterly province of Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador is a land unlike any other. Here you will discover St. John’s, one of North America’s oldest cities with a European history dating back to the 16th century, and the most easterly point of the entire continent, in Cape Spear. Newfoundland and Labrador boasts the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Gros Morne National Park, where Mother Nature unveils the earth’s mantle amidst spectacular cliffs and glacial valleys. With dramatic coastlines, uncharted wilderness, a maze of logging and backroad networks and trail systems, and traditional fishing villages dotting this Maritime province, Newfoundland and Labrador offers endless opportunities for touring and outdoor exploration. These Newfoundland and Labrador GPS maps chart them all.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Newfoundland and Labrador GPS Maps offer complete coverage of the province on Garmin-compatible maps that you can load onto your computer or GPS device. These GPS maps are the most detailed topographic maps available on the market, with relief shading, 3D views, and more map data than even government sources. Your Newfoundland and Labrador GPS maps contain complete recreational information marked and labelled across the map to help you find trails, routable roads, Wildlife Management Area boundaries, campsites, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest, and other recreational highlights from St. John’s to Gros Morne to the backcountry in between. With all the detail of the original Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS, these GPS maps provide the most reliable and comprehensive source for navigating Newfoundland and Labrador. For the best in Atlantic Canada adventure, don’t leave home without your Newfoundland and Labrador GPS Maps.
NL GPS Maps Product Features
New Product Features
- New mountain biking trail networks.
- New Labrador railways.
- 50+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes close to 25 additional trailheads.
- Improved our existing snowmobile trail networks and shelters.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Newfoundland & Labrador
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for NL
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Cariboo Management Areas (CMA) and Moose Management Areas (MMA) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
NL Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad NL GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
NL Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 20,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 18,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 1,900 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 1,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Close to 1,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 1,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 7,300 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad NL GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
NL Custom POI Highlights
- Over 100 NL Cariboo Management Areas (CMA) and Moose Management Areas (MMA) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 400 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 15 Boat Launch locations
- Over 330 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 50 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 115 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 40 Backcountry campsites
- 150 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 200 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 45 locations and descriptions
- Over 60 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 1,300 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 25,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation