Be Your Own Guide in Manitoba's backcountry with V7
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ Manitoba GPS Maps combine the detailed topography that Backroad Mapbooks is known for with industry-leading GPS technology to get you exploring Manitoba with confidence.
These Garmin-licensed GPS maps (compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp) boast the most comprehensive coverage of Manitoba, with user-friendly map detail including 3D views, shaded relief, and labeled recreation highlights like routable roads, Wildlife Management Areas, trails, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest and more.
Manitoba Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our Manitoba Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- GPS Maps are updated annually
- Micro SD Format
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
Explore Manitoba's Backcountry with Confidence
- 1,000,000+ searchable Manitoba Dominion Land Survey Sections and Quarter Section grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- 10,000+ new wellsite locations.
- Close to 3,000 KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- 4,000+ additional public services.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Manitoba
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for MB
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Game Hunting Areas (GHA) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Manitoba Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad MB GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Manitoba Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 91,500 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 60,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 2,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Close to 1,600 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Close to 12,750 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 1,500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 13,500 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad MB GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within MB we have close to 200,000 searchable points including Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets. Customers can search for Grid information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the Section (ex: 27-011-26-W1) or Quarter Section (ex: SW-27-011-26-W1). Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Manitoba Custom POI Highlights
- Over 1.2 million searchable Oil and Gas Township Section and Quarter Section Grid locations
- Over 60 MB Game Hunting Areas (GHA) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 550 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 80 Boat Launch locations
- Over 300 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with 40 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 80 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 350 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 300 Backcountry campsites
- Over 175 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 1,575 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 175 locations and descriptions
- 125 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 1,400 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 14,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wellsites (found under city search)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
Mises à jour
Nous cherchons continuellement à améliorer nos produits. Nous accueillons à bras ouvert toutes suggestions et informations à propos de mise à jour de carte, d'ajout de sentiers ou d'annonce de route fermée à la circulation.
Pour soumettre une demande de mise à jour d'une carte, il vous faudra les informations suivantes:
- Année de publication
- Un fichier .gpx ou .zip (si vous soumettez plus d'un fichier à la fois)
- Coordonnées de carte (le cas échéant)
- Vos commentaires et changements suggérés.
Si vous avez plus d'un fichier à soumettre, veuillez le faire sous forme de fichier zippé contenant tous les fichiers .gpx. Toutes les trajectoires et balises reçues vous feront gagner des points pour bénéficier de mises à jour gratuites de votre compte.
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- A .gpx file or .zip file (if submitting more than one gpx file at a time)
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change/s
If you have more than one file to submit, please do so by uploading a zipped file containing all the .gpx files. All tracks and waypoints received will earn points for free updates in your account.