Our Backroad TOPO maps are available in print or digitally. Printed they come on 24" x 36" water resistant paper, scales start at 1:60,000. Digitally the maps work in Google Earth, iPhone or iPad, OziExplorer, Memory Map and more. No matter your choice, you can be confident that our maps are the most up to date road and recreation topographic maps available in Canada. We show more recreational symbols, roads, trails and points of interest than any other map source.
With Coast to Coast coverage and a mandate to update our maps every few years, there is no other map company (including the government) that is able to stay as current or cover as much area as we do. Each map is a blown up version of our Backroad Mapbook maps allowing for much better scales and easier reading. The water resistant paper helps make it handy to use in the outdoors.
Listed below are some of things that make our TOPO maps unique and ideal for the outdoor enthusiast.
TOPO Map Highlights:
- The most up-to-date topographic maps available in Canada
- Scales starting at 60,000 (depending on the province and region)
- Elevation relief shading with labeled contours to highlight mountains and river valleys
- Up to date road systems including city and rural roads as well as extensive logging, industry and bush roads systems not found on most other maps
- Color road classifications distinguishing paved roads from logging roads
- Labeled roads and trails
- Trail systems, including defined ATV, snowmobile & long distance trail systems
- Paddling routes including access points and portages
- Park and backcountry campsites
- Wildlife management boundaries for anglers and hunters
- Wildlife viewing sites
- UTM Grids along with latitude and longitude bearings
- Alberta and Manitoba township grids
- And much, much more
To figure out the map number to order, simply look at the map key for the region or province you are interested in. Online you will find this map on our TOPO Maps pages of the Online Store (under the appropriate province or region). There is a map key for each book allowing you to zoom in to find the book code and map number. Alternatively, there is a dropdown menu to select the map name and number. Once selected a map preview along with adjacent maps are shown to ensure you have the correct area and to show you some of the many extra features you get with our Backroad TOPO Maps.
BC TOPO maps are available for the entire province. The scales vary from 1:60,000 in the south to 100,000 in the north and 220,000 in the far north. We divide the province into regions similar to tourism meaning we have topographic maps for Vancouver Island, Cariboo Chilcotin, Kootenay Rockies, Northern BC, Thompson Okanagan and Vancouver Coast.
Alberta TOPO maps scales vary from 1:90,000 in the south to 200,000 in the north, while Manitoba TOPO maps scales vary from 1:100,000 in the south to 200,000 in the north and 400,000 in the far north. We divide the province into regions similar to tourism meaning we have topographic maps for Canadian Rockies, Central Alberta, Northern Alberta, Southern Alberta and all of Manitoba topographic maps.
Ontario TOPO maps scales vary from 1:60,000 in the south to 100,000 in the north and 1:200,000 to 400,000 in the far north. We divide the province into regions similar to tourism meaning we have topographic maps for Cottage Country Ontario, Eastern Ontario, Northeastern Ontario, Northwestern Ontario and Southwestern Ontario.
Maritime TOPO Maps scales are 1:80,000. We offer topographic maps for all of Nova Scotia and topographic maps New Brunswick.
The Backroad TOPO Maps come in Print & Digital versions. See side bar for details.