Be Your Own Guide in British Columbia's backcountry with V7
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed BC GPS maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps of BC on the Canadian market. The maps of choice for recreation, industry and search-and-rescue, these topographic GPS maps boast 3D views, shaded relief and countless activity and geographic points-of-interest for the most reliable navigation. Covering all of BC including Vancouver Island, these up-to-date GPS maps are Garmin-licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, the BC GPS maps bring all the detail of the original Backroad Mapbook to life on your GPS device or computer. Keep your software up-to-date as we bring you the latest in topography, routable roads, Wildlife Management Units, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and more. With your BC GPS maps in hand, you have everything you need to explore beautiful British Columbia.
British Columbia's Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our British Columbia Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
Explore British Columbia's Backcountry with Confidence
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for 1,800+ fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New addition of private leased lands for hunters and anglers.
- New mountain biking and cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 8,000 KM of additional paddling routes. Includes 100+ additional paddling routes and access locations.
- 5,000+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 800+ additional trailheads.
- 4,000+ KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles. Includes 180+ additional trailheads and staging areas.
- Close to 200 additional fishing lakes, rivers and streams with stocking and species information. Includes 150+ additional boat launches and marinas.
- Close to 200 additional national, provincial and urban parks. Includes 500+ additional campsites, day-use/picnic areas, backcountry/canoe campsites, recreation sites and huts in major parks and recreation areas.
- Close to 150 additional wildlife viewing areas.
- Close to 75 additional winter recreation activities.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of British Columbia
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for BC
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid locations, PNG Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
BC Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad BC GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
British Columbia's Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 175,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 500,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 36,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 15,000 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 16,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 2,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Close to 18,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad BC GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within BC we have over 265,000 searchable points including Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations, Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets. Customers can search for Oil and Gas Resource Facility information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full LSD Grid reference for Facilities near Fort St. John (ex: 6-28-85-18-W6), or by entering the full PNG Grid reference for Facilities elsewhere in the province (ex. D-83-I-94-J-10). Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
British Columbia Custom POI Highlights
- 265,000 searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid locations, PNG Grid Locations
- 225 BC Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 3,000 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 800 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 4,150 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 350 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 350 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 2,100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Areas with over 1,200 locations and descriptions
- Close to 650 Backcountry campsites
- Close to 1,000 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 1,200 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 600 locations and descriptions
- Over 375 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 3,650 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 900 Compressor Stations
- Close to 100 Gas Plants
- Over 13,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 60,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
British Columbia Categories:
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hot Springs
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
Mises à jour
Nous cherchons continuellement à améliorer nos produits. Nous accueillons à bras ouvert toutes suggestions et informations à propos de mise à jour de carte, d'ajout de sentiers ou d'annonce de route fermée à la circulation.
Pour soumettre une demande de mise à jour d'une carte, il vous faudra les informations suivantes:
- Année de publication
- Un fichier .gpx ou .zip (si vous soumettez plus d'un fichier à la fois)
- Coordonnées de carte (le cas échéant)
- Vos commentaires et changements suggérés.
Si vous avez plus d'un fichier à soumettre, veuillez le faire sous forme de fichier zippé contenant tous les fichiers .gpx. Toutes les trajectoires et balises reçues vous feront gagner des points pour bénéficier de mises à jour gratuites de votre compte.
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- A .gpx file or .zip file (if submitting more than one gpx file at a time)
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change/s
If you have more than one file to submit, please do so by uploading a zipped file containing all the .gpx files. All tracks and waypoints received will earn points for free updates in your account.