Be Your Own Guide with Bc and Alberta Backroad GPS Maps
Sea, Sky and Prairie
From the wild coast of Haida Gwaii, where First Nations villages are hidden among the rainforest and orca whales swim the open ocean waters, to the plains of eastern Alberta, home to a rich farming and ranching heritage that remains as strong as it ever was, the area covered by these GPS Maps is one of stark contrast and incredible adventure opportunity. The ancient trading routes of the Chilcotin steppe, the laid-back counterculture of the Kootenays, the sky-scraping peaks of the Rocky Mountains and the recreation-rich expanse of the Alberta foothills all combine to create one of the most stunning regions in Canada.
BC & Alberta GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Designed for industry use and outdoor recreationists, this product combines all of BC & Alberta into one Backroad GPS Map, from Vancouver Island and Haida Gwaii to the eastern Alberta prairies.
- Over 1,075,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including close to 500,000 km of routable roads.
- Brand new Lake Bathymetry depth contour for over 1,950 fishing lakes, rivers, and streams.
- Addition of private leased lands for hunters and anglers.
- Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other resource facilities
- Clearly defined private and leased land in BC for anglers, hunters and campers.
- Address Search and Township & Range Selection in Alberta makes navigating easier than ever.
- Smart background and searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters.
- Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages.
- Tens of thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 77,000 searchable land and water geographic features.
Explore BC & Alberta's Backcountry with Confidence
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed BC & Alberta GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these BC & Alberta GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, Wildlife Management Units, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our BC & Alberta GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
BC & Alberta Backroad GPS Map Features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of BC & Alberta
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for BC & Alberta.
- Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- Highlights tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-use trails.
- Features smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters.
- Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites.
- Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- Includes Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities.
- Features Address and Township & Range searching to aid navigation in Alberta.
- Showcases private/leased land areas in BC.
- And much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Layout add space between paragraphs
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
Boasting more roads and trails than any other GPS maps, our road tracking classifications allow you to easily distinguish main industrial or logging roads from rarely travelled unclassified roads. Access over 500,000 km of routable city and rural roads, with 3 levels of industry roads (forest service, resource and recreational) along with over 575,000 km of non-routable roads including unclassified and private roads. Over 50,000 km of multi-use trails are separated for use by hikers, bikers and horseback riders, along with over 43,000 km of ATV and Snowmobile motorized trails. Trails are updated and expanded with the help of government agencies, off-road clubs and customers who contribute their own data.
BC & Alberta Road and Trail Highlights:
- 500,000+ kilometres of Routable Roads connecting BC to AB including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 575,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 50,000 of Multi-Use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including over 3,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- Close to 22,500 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- 21,000+ kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- Close to 30,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to BRMB’s BC & Alberta GPS Maps are feature POI sets of over 4.3 million searchable points with Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI Sets.
Note: Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Oil and Gas Resource Facilities can be searched by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full Grid reference for Facilities. For Alberta facilities enter the full LSD Grid Reference (ex: 6-14-36-20-W4). For BC facilities enter the PNG Grid Reference (ex: D-83-I-94-J-10).
BC & Alberta Custom POI Highlights
- 400+ BC & Alberta Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with 4,400+ locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 1,000 Boat Launch locations
- Over 5,500 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 500 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 600 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions
- Parks with close to 3,850 National, Provincial, Regional Parks and Conservation Areas with descriptions
- 1,000+ Backcountry campsites
- Close to 1,600 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 2,000 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- 650+ Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- 800+ Wildlife Viewing locations and descriptions
- 6,000 + City, Town and Community locations
- 77,000+ searchable land and water geographic features
BC & Alberta Categories:
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hot Springs
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations (found under city
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wellsites (found under city search)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- A .gpx file or .zip file (if submitting more than one gpx file at a time)
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change/s
If you have more than one file to submit, please do so by uploading a zipped file containing all the .gpx files. All tracks and waypoints received will earn points for free updates in your account.
Mises à jour
Nous cherchons continuellement à améliorer nos produits. Nous accueillons à bras ouvert toutes suggestions et informations à propos de mise à jour de carte, d'ajout de sentiers ou d'annonce de route fermée à la circulation.
Pour soumettre une demande de mise à jour d'une carte, il vous faudra les informations suivantes:
- Année de publication
- Un fichier .gpx ou .zip (si vous soumettez plus d'un fichier à la fois)
- Coordonnées de carte (le cas échéant)
- Vos commentaires et changements suggérés.
Si vous avez plus d'un fichier à soumettre, veuillez le faire sous forme de fichier zippé contenant tous les fichiers .gpx. Toutes les trajectoires et balises reçues vous feront gagner des points pour bénéficier de mises à jour gratuites de votre compte.