SASKATCHEWAN BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Nestled in the heart of the Canadian Prairies, Saskatchewan contains some of Canada’s most unique landscapes and opportunities for outdoor adventure. Best known for its rolling prairies and farmland, Saskatchewan ripples with diverse topography from lodgepole pine forests to the majestic rock of the Canadian Shield. Beyond the city centres of Regina and Saskatoon, small communities dot the landscapes of Saskatchewan, giving over to stunning wilderness in a province dominated by nature. In the north, far past Regina and Saskatoon, a series of lakes and rivers create an aquatic paradise rich with adventures for the Saskatchewan paddler. While touring the provincial and national parks of Saskatchewan, you are bound to fall in love with the peaceful scenery set amidst its ever-distant horizon. Saskatchewan invites you to canoe, cycle, hike, snowmobile or ride to your heart’s content.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Saskatchewan GPS Maps provide you with the most technologically-advanced and user-friendly option for outdoor recreation today. With all the detail from the original Saskatchewan Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS, the Saskatchewan GPS Maps allow you to explore the area’s topography with shaded relief, 3D views, and the highest level of map detail available for recreational use. In addition to detailing Saskatchewan’s topography and extensive road systems, your GPS maps include a wealth of information on outdoor recreation available at your fingertips, including marked and labeled trails, campsites, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest, Wildlife Management Areas, and much more. Developed in cooperation with local agencies, including government, parks, forestry, and tourism, these Garmin-licensed Saskatchewan GPS maps (compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp) are your most reliable source for navigating the lands from Regina to Saskatoon and the backcountry beyond.
SK GPS Maps Product Features
New Product Features
- 1,000,000+ searchable Saskatchewan Township Range Sections and Quarter Section grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 300 fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 20,000 KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- Close to 900 KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles.
- 150+ KM of additional multi-use, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 15 additional trailheads.
- 250+ additional public services.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Saskatchewan
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for SK
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
SK Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad SK GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
SK Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 260,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 60,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 1,700 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Close to 4,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 6,500 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 11,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad SK GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within SK we have close to 1 million searchable points including Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets. Customers can search for Township Quarter Section Grid information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the Section (ex: 01-33-24-W3) or Quarter Section (ex: SW-01-33-24-W3). Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
SK Custom POI Highlights
- Over 1.2 million searchable Oil and Gas Township Section and Quarter Section Grid locations
- Close to 200 Compressor Stations
- Over 30 Gas Plants
- Over 15,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 80 SK Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 650 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 150 Boat Launch locations
- 365 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 30 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 180 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 100 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Sites with 100 locations and descriptions
- Over 75 Backcountry campsites
- Over 170 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 950 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 100 locations and descriptions
- Over 60 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 2,350 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 9,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities (found under city search)
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/