MANITOBA BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Manitoba lies in the heart of Canada, where the prairies bow down to the majestic water bodies of Lake Manitoba and Lake Winnipeg. In the north, the Canadian Shield gives way to a freezing strip of Arctic tundra along the shores of Hudson Bay. With over half of Manitoba’s population residing in the capital city of Winnipeg, the vast majority of Manitoba is dominated by natural landscapes, as well as smaller communities like Flin Flon and The Pas. Throughout Manitoba, national and provincial parks provide opportunities for wildlife viewing, with an abundance of species including polar bears and the famous Narcisse snakes thriving throughout the province. Whether you’re looking to hike, camp, fish, paddle, snowmobile or ATV, you’ll discover it in Manitoba. From urban trails found right in Winnipeg to the deep backcountry lit by the Northern Lights, Manitoba has something for everyone.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Manitoba GPS Maps combine the detailed topography that Backroad Mapbooks is known for with industry-leading GPS technology to get you exploring Manitoba with confidence. These Garmin-licensed GPS maps (compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp) boast the most comprehensive coverage of Manitoba, with user-friendly map detail including 3D views, shaded relief, and labeled recreation highlights like routable roads, Wildlife Management Areas, trails, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest and more. Available in Micro SD and DVD formats, the Manitoba GPS Maps load right onto your computer or GPS device for your expert navigation. From major road systems through Winnipeg and Brandon, to rural farm roads that spread out north, to wild waterways accessible only by canoe or kayak, Backroad Mapbooks’ Manitoba GPS maps chart it all.
MB Backcountry GPS Map Features
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Manitoba
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for MB
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Game Hunting Areas (GHA) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad MB GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
MB Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 90,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 50,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 2,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 1,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Close to 12,750 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 1,500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 13,500 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad MB GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within MB we have close to 200,000 searchable points including Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations, Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets. Customers can search for Grid information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the full Township Quarter Section Grid references (ex: NE-22-9-28-W). Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
MB Custom POI Highlights
- Close to 200,000 searchable Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid locations
- Over 60 MB Game Hunting Areas (GHA) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 550 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 80 Boat Launch locations
- Over 300 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with 40 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 80 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with close to 350 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 300 Backcountry campsites
- Over 150 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 1,500 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 150 locations and descriptions
- 125 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 1,400 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 14,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Access Locations
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas Township Quarter Section Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/
If you receive an older version of the maps you are eligible for free updates for 60 days.
After the 60 days you would need to purchase an update subscription to update the maps.