EXPERIENCE ONTARIO'S BACKCOUNTRY WITH GPS MAPS
Ontario boasts some of Canada’s most prolific wilderness landscapes, along with major cultural and natural attractions like Canada’s capital, Ottawa; the populous city of Toronto; and the world-famous Niagara Falls. Backroad Mapbooks is proud to present GPS maps of the province of Ontario, where the north sprawls infinitely with untouched land. Here you can paddle, hike, ATV, fish, camp and otherwise explore the outdoors without another soul in sight. Visit the Arctic tundra of famous Hudson Bay, or ride the snowy hills of northern Ontario along the longest network of recreational snowmobile trails in the world. Head south for the natural wonder that is Niagara Falls, the urban and political hot spots of Toronto and Ottawa, or the preserved beauty of Algonquin Provincial Park, a protected wilderness area larger than PEI. Whatever your adventure, there is no shortage of things to do in Ontario – and we put them all on the map.
Backroad Mapbooks’ Ontario GPS Maps are Canada’s leading GPS map source for the province of Ontario. These Garmin-licensed GPS maps are compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp, allowing you to load full map coverage of Ontario onto your computer or GPS device to plan your expeditions and navigate with confidence. These GPS maps include detailed topography of Ontario’s terrain, with 3D views and shaded relief to give you all the information you need. Navigate Ontario’s road systems, from major highways from Toronto to Ottawa, to backcountry roads hidden deep in northern Ontario. Your Ontario GPS maps detail Wildlife Management Areas, trails, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest, and extra recreational info to help you hit the best spots for hiking, camping, paddling, fishing and so much more. With numerous features, including address search, Backroad Mapbooks’ Ontario GPS Maps are the most comprehensive and user-friendly map source available to date.
ON GPS Maps Product Features
New Product Features
- New addition of Gatineau Park and Southern Quebec.
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for close to 1,500 fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New mountain biking and cross-country ski trail networks.
- 4,000+ KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- Close to 3,000 KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes close to 350 additional trailheads.
- Close to 2,000 KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles. Includes close to 150 additional trailheads and staging areas.
- 1,500+ KM of additional paddling routes. Includes 100+ additional paddling routes and access locations and close to 50 additional portages.
- Close to 1,200 additional fishing lakes, rivers and streams with stocking and species information. Includes 500+ additional boat launches and marinas.
- 100+ additional national, provincial, conservation and urban parks. 150+ additional campsites, day-use/picnic areas, backcountry/canoe campsites and huts in major parks and recreation areas.
- 75+ additional wildlife viewing areas.
- 25+ additional winter recreation activities.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Ontario
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for ON
- Ontario Crownland
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
ON Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad ON GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
ON Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 285,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 268,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 15,500 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 8,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 18,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 4,600 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 36,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad ON GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
ON Custom POI Highlights
- Over 150 ON Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 6,650 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 2,400 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 2,700 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 170 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with close to 450 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with close to 3,850 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 3,850 Backcountry campsites
- 550 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 8,000 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with close to 275 locations and descriptions
- Over 300 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 6,650 City, Town and Community locations
- Close to 64,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Conservation – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/
If you receive an older version of the maps you are eligible for free updates for 60 days.
After the 60 days you would need to purchase an update subscription to update the maps.