Be Your Own Guide with Eastern Canada Backroad GPS Maps V7
A Land of Endless Adventure!
Stretching from Ontario to the Atlantic Coast, Eastern Canada is a land as diverse as it is beautiful. In Ontario, interconnected lake systems teem with hungry sportfish while moose roam the surrounding woods. In the wilds of Quebec, the ancient Canadian Shield landscape juts against the epic waterway of the St Lawrence River, leading to the Maritime Provinces further east.
As you move across New Brunswick, the forest gives way to the Atlantic Coast, where the most powerful tides in the world have spent centuries carving out dazzling rock formations. Famous for its Acadian and Gaelic heritage, Nova Scotia offers endless coastal views and the breathtaking wilderness of Cape Breton Island, while a short trip to Prince Edward Island brings you to some of the East Coast’s most scenic beaches. Last but not least, Newfoundland and Labrador serve as Canada’s easternmost frontier, where whales swim through cliff-lined fjords and a vast backcountry beckons to be explored.
Eastern Canada Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts, this product combines all of Eastern Canada into one Backroad GPS Map, from Ontario to Newfoundland and Labrador. This edition also includes brand new Quebec geographic base features and Adventures.
- Over 1,500,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including over 500,000 km of routable roads.
- Brand new Lake Bathymetry depth contour for almost 1,500 fishing lakes, rivers, and streams in Ontario.
- Addition of Crown Land for all of Nova Scotia. Crown Land is also provided for Ontario and New Brunswick.
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones, including Wildlife Management Units, Moose, Cariboo, and Deer Management Areas for hunting.
- Thousands of kilometres of ATV Trails, snowmobile routes, multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages.
- Tens of thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 200,000 land and water geographic features.
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ industry-leading, Garmin-licensed Eastern Canada GPS Maps are the most detailed, comprehensive and up-to-date GPS maps available on the market. These are the maps of choice for recreation, industry, and search-and-rescue, with 3D views, shaded relief and countless geographic and activity based points-of-interest. Updated annually, these GPS maps are Garmin licensed for compatibility with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Available in Micro SD format, these Eastern Canada GPS Maps are easy to install and use and bring you all of the detail of our wildly popular Backroad Mapbook series directly to your GPS device or computer. Keep your adventure rolling with the latest topographic data, routable roads, oil and gas data, Wildlife Management Units, trails, rec sites, paddling routes, scenic viewpoints and so much more. With the latest edition of our Eastern Canada GPS Maps in hand, your options for adventure are limitless.
Eastern Canada Backroad GPS Map Features
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™.
- Includes all standard Garmin features such as Find tool, city navigation and more.
- Preloaded 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale seamless topographic maps.
- Industry leading cartographic contours and shaded relief for all of Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™.
- The most complete Resource, Industry, and Logging road coverage available for Eastern Canada.
- Extensive routable road network including City, Resource, and Industry Roads.
- Highlights tens of thousands of kilometres of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & Multi-use trails.
- Features smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMUs/WMZs/MMAs/CMAs/DMZs/Zones de Chasse) for hunters.
- Includes National, Provincial, Regional, and other Parks & Campsites.
- Extras like Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches, paddling access points, bathymetric depths, and more.
- Searchable BRMB descriptions and activity information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more.
- Thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land, and Water features.
- and much more!
Explore More by Using the Search Function
Search highly descriptive point of interest and recreation site write ups geo-referenced from our popular Backroad Mapbook guide book series.
Note: Backroad Extras or Points of Interest can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option.
Unique Road Classifications
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV.
In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
Get More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads.
We separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Eastern Canada Road and Trail Highlights
- 550,000+ kilometres of Routable Roads connecting ON to NS including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 1,000,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- 42,000+ kilometres of Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers, including 33,000+ kilometres of Multi-use Trails and close to 9,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail
- 90,000+ kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
- Close to 70,000 kilometres of ATV-QUAD Trails
- 20,000+ kilometres of Paddling Routes
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Eastern Canada GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within Eastern Canada we have close to 300,000 searchable Backroad POIs. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Eastern Canada Custom POI Highlights
- 400+ Hunting Areas including: 150+ Wildlife Management Units in ON, 100+ Zones de Chasse in QC, 100+ Moose/Cariboo Management Areas in NL, 25+ Wildlife Management Zones in NB and 20+ Moose/Deer Management Zones in NS
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with 9,000+ locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 5,000 Boat Launch locations
- Close to 5,000 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with close to 850 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 500 trailheads/staging areas and descriptions
- Parks with close to 9,000 National, Provincial, Regional Parks and Conservation Areas with descriptions
- 4,000+ Backcountry campsites
- 1,600+ Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with 8,000+ paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- 650+ Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- 650 Wildlife Viewing locations and descriptions
- 14,500+ City, Town and Community locations
- 200,000+ searchable land and water geographic features
Eastern Canada Categories
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-QUAD Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National – Urban – Conservation
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation