BC ALBERTA BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Backroad Mapbooks’ combined BC and Alberta GPS maps provide full digital map coverage of Canada’s two westernmost provinces. For the Canadian explorer navigating the bountiful lands of western Canada, it is the most comprehensive map source available on the market. In BC and Alberta the outdoor adventurer will discover a lifetime of unforgettable sights and outdoor recreation opportunities. From magical Vancouver Island in the west, to such BC gems as Whistler and Radium Hot Springs, into the Rocky Mountains as world-renowned Banff and Jasper invite you into some of Canada’s most breathtaking landscapes, to the sand dunes of Fort McMurray and the backcountry beyond famous cities like Calgary and Edmonton, the provinces of BC and Alberta form a geographical duo paralleled by few regions on the planet.
Boasting industry-leading technology and the best topographic maps on the market, these BC Alberta GPS maps are Garmin licensed and compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Load them onto your GPS device or computer and discover detailed shaded relief, 3D views, and recreational information leading you to trails, Wildlife Management Areas, paddling routes, activity points-of-interest including campsites, rec sites, boat launches, trailheads, scenic viewpoints and more. These BC Alberta GPS maps detail outdoor recreation in and around Calgary, Edmonton, Banff, Jasper, Vancouver, Victoria and the backcountry beyond, spanning BC and Alberta with the most comprehensive data available for recreational use. Developed in cooperation with local and government agencies, Backroad Mapbooks’ BC Alberta GPS Maps are the top-selling map source for this region of Canada.
Alberta & BC GPS Maps Product Features
New Product Features
- 5,000,000+ searchable Alberta Legal Subdivision Sections, Quarter Sections and full LSD grid locations. Includes Quarter Section boundaries.
- 60,000+ KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- New addition of Lake Bathymetry depth contours for 1,950+ fishing lakes, rivers and streams.
- New addition of private leased lands for hunters and anglers.
- New mountain biking and cross-country ski trail networks.
- Close to 8,000 KM of additional paddling routes. Includes 100+ additional paddling routes and access locations.
- 8,000+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 1,000+ additional trailheads.
- 6,500+ KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles. Includes 225 additional trailheads and staging areas.
- Close to 200 additional fishing lakes, rivers and streams with stocking and species information. Includes 150+ additional boat launches and marinas.
- Close to 200 additional national, provincial and urban parks. Includes 650 additional campsites, day-use/picnic areas, backcountry/canoe campsites, recreation sites and huts in major parks and recreation areas.
- 150+ additional wildlife viewing areas.
- 100+ additional winter recreation activities.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Alberta & BC
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for Alberta & BC
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Find that worksite with Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
Alberta & BC Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad Alberta & BC GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Alberta & BC Road and Trail Highlights:
- Close to 500,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Over 575,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 50,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 21,000 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Close to 30,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 3,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Close to 22,500 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Alberta & BC GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Within Alberta & BC we have over 4.3 million searchable points including Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites, other Resource Facilities and Backroad POI sets. Customers can search for Oil and Gas Resource Facility information by selecting Where To/Find > Cities and then by entering the Section (ex: 30-72-4-W5), Quarter Section (ex: NW-30-72-4-W5) or Legal Subdivision (LSD) references (ex: 14-30-72-4-W5), or by entering the full PNG Grid reference for Facilities elsewhere in the province of BC (ex. D-83-I-94-J-10). Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Alberta & BC Custom POI Highlights
- 5.6 million searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations and PNG Grid Locations
- Over 6,000 Compressor Stations
- Close to 800 Gas Plants
- Close to 44,000 Resource Facilities
- Over 43,000 Wellsites
- Over 400 Alberta & BC Wildlife Management Units (WMU) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 4,400 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 1,000 Boat Launch locations
- Over 5,500 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 600 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 500 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with close to 3,850 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Recreation Areas with over 1,400 locations and descriptions
- Over 1,000 Backcountry campsites
- Close to 1,600 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with close to 1,950 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 800 locations and descriptions
- Over 650 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 6,000 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 77,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Alberta & BC Categories:
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Compressor Stations (found under city search)
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Fishing Resorts-Outfitters
- Gas Plants (found under city search)
- Golf Courses
- Hot Springs
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, PNG Grid Locations (found under city search)
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Recreation Sites
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wellsites (found under city search)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/