ATLANTIC CANADA BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
From Halifax to Moncton, to the shores of Newfoundland and Labrador and the tourist spots of PEI, the lands across Canada’s east coast form an outdoor recreation haven. Collectively known as Atlantic Canada, the provinces of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick and PEI provide a treasure trove of opportunities for the outdoor lover. Visit the waters of Nova Scotia, where a world-renowned fishery leaves anglers yearning for more. In Newfoundland and Labrador, the T’Railway travels east to west for a perfect backcountry expedition. New Brunswick boasts the famous Bay of Fundy, where the world’s highest ocean tides rush into beautiful rock formations every day. In PEI, outdoor lovers discover a tiny Maritime universe unto itself, with its famous red clay roads, backcountry trails, and Atlantic Ocean shoreline. For the outdoor lover, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick and PEI leave no shortage of things to do.
Backroad Mapbooks’ combined Atlantic Canada GPS Maps give you total map coverage of all four Atlantic provinces. The only GPS map set containing PEI, these Garmin-licensed GPS maps (compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp) give you everything you need to explore the Maritime provinces along with Newfoundland and Labrador. To set you up for a lifetime of adventure, these GPS maps boast industry-leading topographic detail with shaded relief and 3D views, routable roads, delineated Wildlife Management Areas, thousands of trails for hiking, biking, ATVing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing, campsites, activity and geographic points-of-interest, and much, much more. Keep your software updated and stay on top of the latest in backcountry routes, fishing hot spots, and maintained trails throughout New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and PEI. With so much detail and outdoor recreation information, Backroad Mapbooks’ Atlantic Canada GPS Maps equip you to explore Atlantic Canada with confidence.
Atlantic Canada Backcountry GPS Map Features
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Atlantic Canada
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for Atlantic Canada
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Cariboo Management Areas (CMA), Deer Management Zones (DMZ), Moose Management Areas (MMA) and Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- New Brunswick Crownland
- and much more!
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad Atlantic Canada GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Atlantic Canada Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 100,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 200,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Close to 5,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 12,000 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 3,000 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 2,000 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 20,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Atlantic Canada GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Atlantic Canada Custom POI Highlights
- Over 160 Atlantic Canada Cariboo Management Areas (CMA), Deer Management Zones (DMZ), Moose Management Areas (MMA) and Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 1,300 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Close to 300 Boat Launch locations
- Over 1,000 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 200 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 200 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 500 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Close to 70 Backcountry campsites
- Over 300 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 850 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 160 locations and descriptions
- Over 150 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 6,750 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 61,500 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Atlantic Canada Categories:
- Access Locations
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Centres
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/
If you receive an older version of the maps you are eligible for free updates for 60 days.
After the 60 days you would need to purchase an update subscription to update the maps.