NEW BRUNSWICK BACKCOUNTRY GPS MAPS
Backroad Mapbooks is proud to present Garmin-licensed New Brunswick GPS Maps, compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp. Nestled in the heart of Canada’s Atlantic coast, New Brunswick boasts one of the world’s most renowned natural wonders: the highest tides in the world in the Bay of Fundy. New Brunswick’s city of Moncton thrives as the hub of the Maritimes, while picturesque villages sprawl throughout the province, passing bustling rivers, rugged trails, and salty beaches that reach warm temperatures during summer months for some of Canada’s most luxurious ocean experiences. Outside of city centres like Moncton and Fredericton, New Brunswick teems with natural riches. Here you will find the highest peak of the Maritimes, and rich marine ecosystems prime for kayak exploration. Thousands of visitors flock to New Brunswick’s Bay of Fundy each year to see the world’s highest tides rush in and out of the Hopewell Rocks, and to glimpse whales from a boat in New Brunswick’s Atlantic waters.
Backroad Mapbooks’ New Brunswick GPS Maps detail everything you need to explore the rich lands of New Brunswick. Boasting industry-leading topographical detail of New Brunswick’s terrain, including road networks, routable roads, trails for hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, and more, with shaded relief and 3D views, these GPS maps let you explore this Maritime province with confidence. Developed in cooperation with local and government agencies, these New Brunswick GPS maps are the most reliable source for industry and recreational use. Navigate New Brunswick with the most up-to-date map data available, along with conveniently marked and labeled outdoor recreation highlights and information for Wildlife Management Areas, trails, paddling routes, activity and geographic points-of-interest, and more. With Backroad Mapbooks’ New Brunswick GPS Maps in hand, New Brunswick becomes a doorstep to Atlantic Canada’s great outdoors.
NB GPS Maps Product Features
New Product Features
- New mountain biking trail networks.
- New county boundaries.
- 1,350+ KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles.
- 900+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 150+ additional trailheads.
- 350+ additional public services.
- 275+ additional national, provincial and urban parks.
- 100+ additional attractions and historic sites.
- 75+ additional waterfalls.
- 40+ additional lighthouses.
- 30+ additional wildlife viewing areas.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of New Brunswick
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for NB
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- New Brunswick Crownland
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- and much more!
NB Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad NB GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
NB Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 35,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 128,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 2,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 7,500 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 1,700 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Over 500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 8,500 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad NB GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
NB Custom POI Highlights
- Over 25 NB Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with close to 475 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 450 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with over 50 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with close to 75 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with over 350 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 130 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 150 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 60 locations and descriptions
- Over 35 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Close to 2,250 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 13,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
The SD maps are locked to the Card and are plug and play.
The DVD Maps are locked to the GPS Unit based on UnitID
Both version come with the free computer maps for PC and Mac when you register your maps on our website.
For mobile devices you can use our navigator app http://www.brmbnavigator.com/
If you receive an older version of the maps you are eligible for free updates for 60 days.
After the 60 days you would need to purchase an update subscription to update the maps.