Be Your Own Guide in Atlantic Canadas' backcountry with V7
So Much More Than Just Maps!
Backroad Mapbooks’ combined Atlantic Canada GPS Maps give you total map coverage of all four Atlantic provinces. The only GPS map set containing PEI, these Garmin-licensed GPS maps (compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp) give you everything you need to explore the Maritime provinces along with Newfoundland and Labrador. To set you up for a lifetime of adventure, these GPS maps boast industry-leading topographic detail with shaded relief and 3D views, routable roads, delineated Wildlife Management Areas, thousands of trails for hiking, biking, ATVing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing, campsites, activity and geographic points-of-interest, and much, much more. Keep your software updated and stay on top of the latest in backcountry routes, fishing hot spots, and maintained trails throughout New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and PEI. With so much detail and outdoor recreation information, Backroad Mapbooks’ Atlantic Canada GPS Maps equip you to explore Atlantic Canada with confidence.
Atlantic Canada Backroad GPS Maps at a Glance:
- Specifically designed for outdoor recreation enthusiasts
- Get our Atlantic Canada Backroad Mapbook brought to life via GPS
- Garmin-licensed & compatible with Garmin GPS and Garmin Basecamp
- Technologically-advanced and user-friendly
- Explore with industry leading cartographic contours and shading
- Provides 3D views and the highest level of map detail available
- Routes extensive road systems including marked and labeled trails
- Search for access points, boat launches, paddling routes and portages
- Thousands of activity and geographic POIs for wildlife viewing
- Marked Wildlife Management Zones for hunting
- Developed in cooperation with local agencies, government, parks, forestry and tourism
Explore Atlantic Canada's Backcountry with Confidence
- New Nova Scotia crownland areas for anglers, campers and hunters.
- New mountain biking and cross-country ski trail networks.
- New county boundaries.
- 100+ new wellsite locations.
- New Labrador railways.
- 800+ KM of improvements to our backroads network.
- 2,800+ KM of additional multi-use, mountain biking, cross-country ski and Trans-Canada Trails. Includes 350+ additional trailheads.
- 500+ KM of additional motorized trails for ATV-OHVs and Snowmobiles.
- Close to 350 KM of additional paddling routes. Includes 25+ additional paddling routes and access locations.
- 400+ additional national, provincial and urban parks. Includes close to 200 additional campsites, day-use/picnic areas, backcountry/canoe campsites and huts in major parks and recreation areas.
- 200+ additional fishing lakes, rivers and streams with stocking and species information. Includes 45+ additional boat launches and marinas.
- 850+ additional waterfalls.
- 375+ additional public services.
- 200+ additional attractions and historic sites.
- 80+ additional wildlife viewing areas.
- 45+ additional lighthouses.
- Garmin GPS™, Basecamp™, MapSource™ and RoadTrip™ compatible
- 1:20,000 / 1:50,000 base scale topographic maps
- Detailed shaded relief for all areas of Atlantic Canada
- 3D perspective on select Garmin GPS units and Basecamp™
- The most complete Resource, Industry and Logging road coverage available for Atlantic Canada
- Routable City, Resource and Industry Roads
- Tens of thousands of kilometers of trail systems, including defined ATV, Paddling, Snowmobile, Long distance & multi-use trails
- Smart background & Searchable Cariboo Management Areas (CMA), Deer Management Zones (DMZ), Moose Management Areas (MMA) and Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- National, Provincial and Private Parks & Campsites
- Lake & Stream Fishing information with boat launches
- Searchable Backroad recreation information for fishing, paddling, parks, trails and more
- Boat launches, campsites, paddling access points, ski areas and more
- Tens of thousands of Searchable cities, Geographic Land and Water features
- New Brunswick and Nova Scotia Crownland
- and much more!
Atlantic Canada Backcountry GPS Map Features
Note: All standard Garmin GPS map features such as: seamless topographic maps; ‘Find’ tool to locate nearby city; water or recreation features; 50,000 scale geographic points; and city navigation are part of the Backroad Atlantic Canada GPS Maps package.
Unique to the Backroad GPS Maps are our enhanced road classifications that help you distinguish the highways from the logging roads and the main roads from the side roads. This extra level of road classification helps you to know which roads can be driven in a car and which ones should be left to a four-wheel drive vehicle or ATV. In addition, we offer more recreational points and symbols than any other map source. From RV accessible to backcountry campsites, hiking to snowmobiling trailheads, fishing to paddling access points, we have your adventure covered. Our area classifications include mines and gravel pits, conservation and restricted areas, and a host of other features that help you to see where you can play.
More Roads and Trails
No other GPS map source has as many roads or trails as the Backroad GPS Maps, and we have the statistics to prove it. In addition, you will find we offer better road classifications to help you distinguish main industrial or logging roads from those rarely travelled side or unclassified roads. Further, we separate trails into multi-use for hikers, bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more, as well as ATV/motorized trails and snowmobile trails. This information is continually updated, expanded and refined, so be sure to take advantage of our update program.
Atlantic Canada Road and Trail Highlights:
- Over 110,000 kilometres of Routable Roads including city roads, rural roads, and 3 levels of Logging Roads (Industrial, Resource and Winter Access Roads)
- Close to 200,000 kilometres of non-routable roads including Old Logging Roads, Unclassified Roads, Alleyways, Leased and Private Roads and more
- Over 7,000 kilometres of Multi-use Trails for hikers, mountain bikers, horseback riders, cross-country skiers and more
- Over 12,000 kilometres of ATV/Motorized Trails
- Over 3,500 kilometres of Paddling Routes
- Close to 2,500 kilometres of the Trans Canada Trail’s Land and Water routes
- Over 20,000 kilometres of Snowmobile Trails
Backroad Extras / POI Categories
Point of Interest (POI)
Unique to the Backroad Atlantic Canada GPS Maps are our Custom or Backroad POI sets. Backroad POIs can be searched by selecting the Where To/Find > Extras and then Go! option, or read what each site offers through the More option. This added feature to our GPS Maps gives you the descriptions or write-ups of most recreation sites that have been geo-referenced from the popular Backroad Mapbook guidebook series.
Atlantic Canada Custom POI Highlights
- Over 160 Atlantic Canada Cariboo Management Areas (CMA), Deer Management Zones (DMZ), Moose Management Areas (MMA) and Wildlife Management Zones (WMZ) for hunters
- Fishing Lakes and Rivers with over 1,500 locations with descriptions and fish species
- Over 300 Boat Launch locations
- Over 1,400 Trails with front country and backcountry locations and descriptions
- ATV Trails with close to 200 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Snowmobile Trails with over 200 trailhead locations and descriptions
- Parks with close to 1,000 National, Provincial and Regional Park locations and descriptions
- Over 200 Backcountry campsites
- Over 325 Campground and Picnic locations
- Paddling with over 875 paddling route access points descriptions and portage locations
- Wildlife Viewing with over 250 locations and descriptions
- Close to 170 Winter Recreation Sites and Downhill Ski Areas
- Over 6,750 City, Town and Community locations
- Over 62,000 searchable land and water geographic features
Backroad Extras are where you find all the POI information specific to our Backroad GPS Maps.
Atlantic Canada Categories:
- Backroad Attractions
- ATV-OHV Trails
- Backcountry Camps
- Boat Launches
- Border Monuments
- Fishing Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Ocean
- Golf Courses
- Hunting Areas
- Land Features
- Paddling Access
- Paddling Routes
- Parks – Provincial – National - Urban
- Picnic Areas
- Portage Locations
- Public Services
- Resource Facilities
- Rivers and Creeks
- Ski Areas
- Snowmobile Routes
- Transportation Services
- Visitor Information
- Water Features
- Wildlife Viewing
- Winter Recreation
Mises à jour
Nous cherchons continuellement à améliorer nos produits. Nous accueillons à bras ouvert toutes suggestions et informations à propos de mise à jour de carte, d'ajout de sentiers ou d'annonce de route fermée à la circulation.
Pour soumettre une demande de mise à jour d'une carte, il vous faudra les informations suivantes:
- Année de publication
- Un fichier .gpx ou .zip (si vous soumettez plus d'un fichier à la fois)
- Coordonnées de carte (le cas échéant)
- Vos commentaires et changements suggérés.
Si vous avez plus d'un fichier à soumettre, veuillez le faire sous forme de fichier zippé contenant tous les fichiers .gpx. Toutes les trajectoires et balises reçues vous feront gagner des points pour bénéficier de mises à jour gratuites de votre compte.
We are always looking for ways to improve our products. Whether it is map updates, new trails, or road closures, we welcome any new information and feedback.
To submit a map update, you will need the following information:
- Publication Year
- A .gpx file or .zip file (if submitting more than one gpx file at a time)
- Map Coordinate (if applicable)
- Your comments regarding the suggested change/s
If you have more than one file to submit, please do so by uploading a zipped file containing all the .gpx files. All tracks and waypoints received will earn points for free updates in your account.